MNScuba.com
Why didn't I think of that?.. - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Why didn't I think of that?.. (/showthread.php?tid=5567)

Why didn't I think of that?.. - DetectorGuy - 06-29-2011

I bounce into Craigslist once in a while and type "Scuba" in the search box to see if there are any screamin' deals on gear. I ran into this add that struck me as... odd to say the least. Here is the add:

Boat Needed for local Non-Profit (Moorhead, MN)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-06-25, 12:22PM CDT
Reply to: sale-xsnbs-2461913981@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

I am from Moorhead, MN and myself and a few other have started a non-profit organization in the Fargo/Moorhead area in hopes of moving towards coastal waters in order to take part in one of the most unique non-profits ever. We are in need of a larger boat or sailboat in order to scuba dive for lost artifacts an in turn donate the proceeds. We do this because we love to help and love to scuba. It is truly a passion of ours and the best way we know how to give back. If you have any scuba equipment or a larger old boat or sail boat that you might consider selling cheap or donating please let us know. We don't have a lot of start-up funding but we would be willing to pay something for the boat. I will post or website below. This is not a scam or anything like that. My name is Travis and I recently graduated from North Dakota State University in Fargo and have wanted to do this know for three years or more. We have been a noin-profit through the state of North Dakota for a little over two years. Please call or email us if you would be willing to help or donate anything. Thanks for you time. Below is our contact information. Have a great day.

Call Travis, Cass or Jared @ 701
-XXX-XXXX

Here is the link to their website:

These guys have the right idea, and I was always thinking on too small of a scale. So if anyone has an extra 180' ship (just laying around taking up space in the garage) that they want to give to me, I would be interested in one of those also. ;D ;D ;D