MNScuba.com
Maritime Heritage Minnesota - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Maritime Heritage Minnesota (/showthread.php?tid=5840)

Pages: 1 2 3

Maritime Heritage Minnesota - grumpie - 07-29-2012

Chris Olsen and Ann Merriam had a very nice write up in this mornings paper.  They are a real credit to our area lakes and I think that we could all learn a lot if we could meet with them as a group and share info.  and maybe work together..
Richard W. Hagen.

Re: Maritime Heritage Minnesota - Shooter - 07-30-2012

I have a feeling I will be busy. Thank them though for the inspiration of the Honey Badger Dive team  >Big Grin ;D

Re: Maritime Heritage Minnesota - Terry - 07-30-2012

Gotta say Dick after the last run with MHM here, you might just as well ask for the crew of the Fitzgerald to show up too.      Trinity

Re: Maritime Heritage Minnesota - jasondbaker - 07-30-2012

I'm impressed by the work and commitment I see from MHM. I don't see anyone else pushing for funding to do this work. It's work which could indirectly benefit recreational scuba divers. Now, I think like many scientists they could use a different approach when engaging in public relations with the regional dive community. However, I'm willing to overlook that if they produce results. I think they (and we) are missing out on an opportunity to collaborate on projects.

Re: Maritime Heritage Minnesota - grumpie - 07-30-2012

Very well said jason, much better than I could say and I for one would be willing to help.
Richard W. Hagen ( see I do have a REAL NAME )
grumpie.

Re: Maritime Heritage Minnesota - grumpie - 07-30-2012

How about it Ann and Chris are you willing to sit down and have coffee or tea and talk with US and see where we can go from here.
grumpie.

Re: Maritime Heritage Minnesota - Terry - 08-01-2012

Hey Dick,
                           Since it seems Ann and Chris are in no hurry to respond, perhaps I could highjack your thread for a min.?

You know what really pisses me off is all the damn looters out there! I dont want to mention names, but Detector, Shooter, Hydro, Scubafreak, Popo, Arcflash, etc. you bastards know who I'm talking about. If you guys had left that stuff, ( anchors, rod and reels, coins etc.) on the bottom, where it belongs, I would of brought up SO much more, then I have. When I'm diving over moonscape, I'm cursing each and every one of you! I want you guys to know that! I've got nothing to look at and enjoy for my days work, except the local police ( fortunately, not in uniform)  staring me down, thanks,,,,, thanks, for turning the Impulse into nothing more then bootyless slave ship!               Trinity

Re: Maritime Heritage Minnesota - grumpie - 08-01-2012

Hi Terry. Im looking at a class in Fla. next month on Archaeology just for CEU.

Re: Maritime Heritage Minnesota - Hydro - 08-01-2012

Looter?! Well I was going to do some anchor liberation while I waas in china, everywhere I went, they had put up these signs

My chinese isn't so good but I think it translates to: "please liberate all anchors!"

Re: Maritime Heritage Minnesota - Shooter - 08-02-2012

Shooter's reformed!       :o I joined AA(anchors anonymous) When I realized the historical significance of all of those anchors,and the error of my wicked ways, I had to deflate my liftbag and return them to the bottom. It's a 12 step program that practices "progress" not "perfection". While there may be the occasional relapse, like picking up a fishing lure, I will rely on my Higher power, or some archaeological elitist, to get me back on the right path.

Speaking of being on the right path, I must commend you for donating that outboard motor as a prize in the first annual archaeological challenge! I have some bad news though.....It fell off the back of the boat and is now a mini archaeological site! I am going to get it a site number and register it with the state. I won't post the gps coordinates until its registered, and then you can visit it. The site will be monitored by armed guards. There is a daily fee of $50 to access the site. The dive site will be limited to 2 divers per day who will get the combination to the daily changing lock code. Divers will also need to have their dive gear inspected prior to gaining admittance. Only state approved gear and air will be allowed. There will be an inspector there who has never dove, but he will have a manual. If we are lucky, he might have stayed at a holiday inn express the night before. They will also need to show their logbook, highest level of certification, and provide the state with an insurance policy, listing the state as beneficiary.  Wink