MNScuba.com
Scanning Mapping Minnesota Lake and Archeological Artifacts Boats - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Scanning Mapping Minnesota Lake and Archeological Artifacts Boats (/showthread.php?tid=6018)

Scanning Mapping Minnesota Lake and Archeological Artifacts Boats - popolarbear - 06-14-2013

look at this set up. I caught the crew while they were scanning the lake. and guess what they are divers also.

interestingly the entire lake, or any lake scanned can be purchased as a raw scan with just the raw unprocessed data. You would need mapping software to generate a map. all the boats and archeological
Artifacts are there many as actual scanned pictures! When they run over them they hit a button that takes an "image" of them and marks the gps.

I do know someone who write mapping software.

and what a nice hughes craft!I like the water cannon mounted on front. would come in handy in reminding people to stay back while dive flag is raised!

Re: Scanning Mapping Minnesota Lake and Archeological Artifacts Boats - popolarbear - 06-14-2013

picture

Re: Scanning Mapping Minnesota Lake and Archeological Artifacts Boats - grumpie - 06-15-2013

That is called trolling, your looking for abnomallits on the bottom. The next question is what do you do when you find something?