MNScuba.com
Vintage Dive Photos. - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Vintage Dive Photos. (/showthread.php?tid=6159)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Vintage Dive Photos. - seahuntjerry - 08-19-2015

Hi the visibilty was down so I didn't see it i'm sure its still there.Do you have any pictures of gene betz from midwest skindiving?
Thanks,JerryWas the old steel depth gauge still in place?
[/quote]

RE: Vintage Dive Photos. - sonofadiver - 08-19-2015

---My dad wrote this article for the school paper [The Quest] when he was sixteen. Home made diving bell----

RE: Vintage Dive Photos. - seahuntjerry - 08-19-2015

Way to cool Travis must have been one if not the first diver in Mpls area!

RE: Vintage Dive Photos. - stick500 - 08-20-2015

this stuff is awesome! Keep it coming if you can guys.

that 1937 article is a hoot- 60 lb. diving helmet!

I guess the first explorers walked on the bottom rather than swam

apparently back in '37 Bryant Lake was quite a bit clearer

RE: Vintage Dive Photos. - sonofadiver - 08-20-2015

------------ This is a homemade underwater camera case my dad made back in the 1950s ------------

RE: Vintage Dive Photos. - sonofadiver - 08-22-2015

---------- I do not know where this diving bell came from, although I remember one sitting around on scenic lane dive shop ----

---
I do not know if anyone stayed at Johnson's Cabins on Lake Superior by Split Rock Lighthouse. We stayed there when my dad and friends dove on the ship wreck Madeira. They would put in at the cabins and boat to the cliff about 1200 feet. The cabins are gone and replace by a parking lot. It is part of the Split Rock Lighthouse Park. This picture is from about 1958 or 1959. They were the first ones to dive that wreck. dry suits were in use in California at that time so they bought some and started diving in Lake Superior, they also dived the America off of Isle Royal,He told me that there was a complete Model A truck on deck, that was sometime in the middle 1950s. ----------

---------- Gray's bay Lake Minnetonka, the water was much clearer then ----
-----------Carp searing contest Lake Minnetonka late 1950s-----

RE: Vintage Dive Photos. - stick500 - 08-22-2015

so are those all Travis' kids in the pic?

you can sure see the resemblance in the girls!

I know right where that's at in Gray's Bay- lots of rocks piled up on both sides of that wall now

-There were six of us in all. Ronnie,Janice, Richard, Joan,Jean, and Judy was not there. I was the second oldest boy.

RE: Vintage Dive Photos. - seahuntjerry - 08-22-2015

Hi,
I meet one of your sisters in the 60's when I worked with her friend at the Academy movie theatre.

------------ Diving bell picture from photo scrap book ------------------

------ Pictures to grow the sport in 1953-------

----- Getting ready for a dive in Lake Superior 1955, water temperature about 40 degrees.----- These rubber boats were military surplus, I think they cost about $50.00 with gun mounts, pumps, and all.

--- Not sure, I think this is Langley Smith [Smitty] I was 3 years old when this picture was taken.------------