MNScuba.com
5 day LSD trip - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: 5 day LSD trip (/showthread.php?tid=6204)

Pages: 1 2

5 day LSD trip - Shooter - 08-15-2014

We got back on Mon night after 5 days of incredible diving aboard the Lake Superior Diver with Isle Royale Charters! Capt. Ryan now runs the business that used to be RLT Diver and has done so for the last 7-8 yrs. He upgraded the boat and runs a class dive operation. He even took a couple of us on a guided tour deep inside the Emperor Stern and to see the Kamloops, a wreck my training has been building up too! Can't wait to get back next year to really explore that beautiful wreck! Will post some pics and video when things slow down a little. I probably have close to 100 gb of videos to sort though...

RE: 5 day LSD trip - DetectorGuy - 08-16-2014

That was a good trip. The dive buddies were excellent... as always. I dove with Brad mostly, as he and I were using single LP 120's. Nate and Art were diving doubles. This worked out pretty good as Brad and I shared the lack of training, and experience to do planned deco, and hit the Kamloops with Nate and Art at 200'. We did 12 dives and although Brad and I did skip the 200' deep dive we both dove deeper that we had before. I got to 139 a couple times and I think brad got to 144'. On the last dive we were going to go to about 150' on the screw of the Chisholm engine. Everything was going as planned with the 4 of us down to the Huge 4 bladed prop. We paused for about 10 still photos next to the prop. Then at 139' deep my regulator said 'F you very much' and started a massive free flow. With water temps at 45 degrees on the bottom, this took me by total surprise. I have had free flows before while ice diving but never at 139'. That was my biggest challenge of the trip. The weather could not be any better than it was. The wrecks were phenominal. The captain was great. The 3 meals a day were all great. The visibility was ok, but could have been better on a couple of the wrecks.

Here is a link to some still photos:

RE: 5 day LSD trip - doug67 - 08-17-2014

I like the shots from your quad. Very nice John!

RE: 5 day LSD trip - DetectorGuy - 08-17-2014

Thanks Doug! Nate was the pilot for all the drone shots up there. I didn't want to be the one to crash it in the water... crashing it on land is scary enough for me. I am uploading the first video to Youtube right now for the America Shipwreck. It has a touch of drone shots at the beginning and a cameo appearance at the end with Art free diving into a deck opening wearing just shorts, mask, fins, and snorkel. I think we dove 7 or 8 wrecks in 5 days and some wrecks we dove a few times.

Here is a link to the first of quite a few wreck videos:

RE: 5 day LSD trip - doug67 - 08-18-2014

Nice video! Looking forward to the next ones.

RE: 5 day LSD trip - DetectorGuy - 08-23-2014

Here is another video from our Isle Royale dive trip. This one is the Emperor Stern:

RE: 5 day LSD trip - doug67 - 08-23-2014

cant get enough of the chopper shots, really looks good.

RE: 5 day LSD trip - lahrcm - 08-27-2014

sweet multi rotor shots Smile

RE: 5 day LSD trip - DetectorGuy - 08-31-2014

Here is another wreck video from Isle Royale. This one is of the Chester A Congdon bow section:

#

RE: 5 day LSD trip - DetectorGuy - 09-01-2014

The George Cox wreck video:

#