MNScuba.com
Trinity's 5th annual icing challenge - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Trinity's 5th annual icing challenge (/showthread.php?tid=6233)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Trinity's 5th annual icing challenge - scubafreek864 - 12-09-2014

Awesome video.

RE: Trinity's 5th annual icing challenge - Shooter - 12-11-2014

[quote='Hydro' pid='40687' dateline='1418100109']
i dont know about the gang growing popo, if anything less ice divers... insanti county guys have frozen off the map, its just us left... heres a video showing our stark desolation this year...

Don't worry team G, Hunting season is almost over. We will be back to set the bar and standards like we always do. Warm dive shacks, plowed rays, aerial footage, cutting edge large format ice designs, phenomenal discoveries for dive sites, quality HD underwater video, and new tips and tricks to make diving more efficient, are just some of the things I know you've been waiting for. Big Grin
We have been diligently researching, plotting, and planning this years dive strategy. Will this be the year of big discoveries? Will there be the much anticipated and yearned for Shock & Awe? LMAO Too early to tell, but I am excited to get out and start exploring!
DIVE, DIVE, DIVE!

RE: Trinity's 5th annual icing challenge - Hydro - 12-19-2014

Heres an interesting addition to the safe ice formula.. more for a static load on the ice.. talks about golds formula which the mn dnr uses... too bad the sherrifs department cant learn these formulas so they dont have to walk around like troglodytes

RE: Trinity's 5th annual icing challenge - tullibee - 12-19-2014

If you guys venture up to Crosby this winter, let me know! don't know if I'd come dive or not, but I'd try to at least come say HI and hang out for a while... have hardly been on the board lately, but did actually get out and dive one day this summer, and got all my tanks current on inspections -- lost one though Sad but still have several, so not too downhearted about it - and should have a nice deck gong one of these days when I get bored enough to chop it and rig it as a bell!

RE: Trinity's 5th annual icing challenge - popolarbear - 12-21-2014

here interesting comparison of water clarity. 7 days ago we already started seeing silty murk coming from the surface down. there was a haze at the ten foot and above region, but bottom was super clear. this weekend it was unreal how much difference.. this was the same this last spring, as we had back to back two weekends on one bay that vis dropped down to near zero once surface melt started.

this is tonka

RE: Trinity's 5th annual icing challenge - DetectorGuy - 12-22-2014

On Saturday the viz was not good on Spectacle Lake either. Maybe 10' viz. The ice was 9" thick with no one driving trucks out there yet. The water temp was 39 degrees at 30' deep. Here is a video of our day:

RE: Trinity's 5th annual icing challenge - popolarbear - 12-22-2014

any guesses on how long vis is going to be affected? month or 6weeks?

RE: Trinity's 5th annual icing challenge - Hydro - 12-23-2014

vis way better there than west side of tonka... i didnt even bother filming where we were last week. in response to popo's comparison, keep in mind its a week apart and in 2 different bays of tonka.

RE: Trinity's 5th annual icing challenge - popolarbear - 12-24-2014

lots of shacks and cars and stuff falling thru in last 24hrs.

RE: Trinity's 5th annual icing challenge - DetectorGuy - 12-24-2014

... new dive sites?
Where are they falling through at?