MNScuba.com
Beer brewed with zebra mussels and milfoil right from Lake Minnetonka - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Beer brewed with zebra mussels and milfoil right from Lake Minnetonka (/showthread.php?tid=6241)

Beer brewed with zebra mussels and milfoil right from Lake Minnetonka - stick500 - 12-03-2014

Excelsior Brewing is making a beer that uses zebra shells and milfoil for an added flavor!

It's called Milfoil Lakehouse Saison Ale (see link below)

I'll try one- a Saison is typically a fruity, spicy pale ale.

Wonder how they are harvesting the Zebras?

RE: Beer brewed with zebra mussels and milfoil right from Lake Minnetonka - Hydro - 12-03-2014

CHEERS TO THAT!!! Big Grin

RE: Beer brewed with zebra mussels and milfoil right from Lake Minnetonka - Trance - 12-04-2014

I'd try that!

RE: Beer brewed with zebra mussels and milfoil right from Lake Minnetonka - stick500 - 12-04-2014

already promised my Uncle I'd be bringing some to Christmas in Shorewood, so I gotta find a sixer!

RE: Beer brewed with zebra mussels and milfoil right from Lake Minnetonka - stick500 - 12-23-2014

just called brewery and they only made 3 barrels of the stuff for a special event and it's all gone

he says they won't be making it with zebras or milfoil anymore since someone pointed out it was illegal to transport it!

probably didn't add anything to the taste anyway