MNScuba.com
Attention: Permit Required - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Attention: Permit Required (/showthread.php?tid=92)

Attention: Permit Required - Chris - 05-17-2002

Some recent posts have got me curious, so I thought it would be good to start a thread relating to diving permits and where they are required.<br><br>If you know of lakes, cities, counties, etc where a diving permit is required or diving is not allowed, please post it here.<br><br>Thank you.

Re: Attention: Permit Required - LKunze - 05-17-2002

All lakes in Minneapolis city limits require a permit to dive.

Re: Attention: Permit Required - jasondbaker - 05-17-2002

GP, where do you go to get a Mpls diving permit?

Re: Attention: Permit Required - LKunze - 05-17-2002

Quote:GP, where do you go to get a Mpls diving permit?
<br>Jason, good question.  I called the Hennepin County Permits division and the guy taking my call thought that they may have done away with the permit requirement this year but he wasn't 100% positive on that.  He asked me to call back on Monday and he would have a definate answer.  I'll post what I find out on Monday.

Re: Attention: Permit Required - Dan_Solo - 07-03-2002

Did anyone find out if the MPLS permits are still required for Harriet, Calhoun or Isles?<br><br>Dan

Re: Attention: Permit Required - DanL - 07-05-2002

St. Cloud Quarries:<br>Stearns County requires extensive insurance - $800,000 per event, $1 million total liability, and naming Stearns County as a beneficiary.<br>They currently allow only instructional scuba diving through a shop meeting the county requirements, and not individual diving.<br>Per call to Stearns Co parks admin on 7/5/02.<br>Dan