MNScuba.com
Perham, Vergas, Dent area (update to earlier post) - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Perham, Vergas, Dent area (update to earlier post) (/showthread.php?tid=987)

Perham, Vergas, Dent area (update to earlier post) - freedivernd - 09-05-2003

My brother and I are going to be doing some freediving this weekend...we'll both be trying for some personal bests I think. Just not sure about time (flexible-both saturday and sunday) or place (most likely Lake 6 because it's probably the clearest down deep.. may check on Little McDonald too) but anyone that wants to give it a go is welcome to join us (even bubble blowers Wink ). If you're interested in giving freediving a try, we'll have a boat, drop line, and extra equipment, and patience too Smile. give a call. 701-430-1590 or 218-758-2776.
Fred

Re:Perham, Vergas, Dent area (update to earlier post) - freedivernd - 09-08-2003

Tim from the board here, my brother Mandley, and my daughter Sarah, joined in on some freediving on Saturday.. everyone did great! Sarah didn't go past -17' because of a tooth extraction the day before (she's been to -40') My brother bumped his best to -69', Tim (first time ever trying this stuff) was down to -59' or -60' (I'll see what the computer registers when I download profiles)..and was super comfortable at -27' on his first try (we hit the bottom). I pushed my pb another 4' or 5' to either -83 or -84'. Those are all pretty good depths considering we were getting into some fairly dark and awful cold water at those depths. We spent a lot of time in less than 15' cruisin' with all the fish. It was a good day to give the fdiving a try... should'a been there!! The weather was great, water was calm and fortunately.. we didn't sink the boat. Wink Maybe I'll post a profile or two later.
Fred