Remember me
Lost Password Register

Gunilda
09-08-2002, 10:05 AM,
Gunilda
Has any dived or interested in diving the Gunilda. I have heard that it is perfectly preserved and that you can still make out the gold lettering on the hull. I realise that this wreck lies in 240 feet of water and I am planning a trip there for either late 2003 or early 2004 because of the training involved. Anyone want to join me?
Mark
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............
09-08-2002, 05:20 PM,
Re:Gunilda
Hmm...that's a technical trimix dive there. I doubt I'll be doing any of that within a year. Would be fun but I think you need more than just a year or two of diving under your belt before you start going into technical diving. Just my opinion. Any tech divers on the board care to chime in on this one? I'd love to dive the Kamloops someday though.
09-09-2002, 05:16 AM,
There are some awesome photos of the Gunilda wreck on Going Under's website. Just click on the photos tab at the bottom of the blue column on the left side of the screen to get there.
09-09-2002, 10:15 AM,
That's a pretty ambitious goal. Good luck. The training and gear investment is significant. Approach this adventure cautiously. I know that a couple divers have died on this wreck.
--Jason
09-10-2002, 12:47 PM,
I have a book, Shipwrecks of Lake Superior that has an article about a group of divers that made that dive. They talk about some ofthe problems they needed to overcome and the planning and training that went into that dive. If you want a copy of the article, pm me with your address and I'll mail you a copy. Good luck.