Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving Duluth Saturday Morning
04-27-2007, 08:07 AM,
Diving Duluth Saturday Morning
My wife and I will be diving the old peir behind fitgers or right behind the veterans memorial if you are on the board walk. If any one is interested in joining us you are more than welcome to we will be there first thing in the morning say 8:30-9am. I will check the board through out the day so if you are interested just post it and I will make sure we connect up!
04-27-2007, 01:18 PM,
Re: Diving Duluth Saturday Morning
I don't know if I could make it on Saturday morning, but a bunch of us are meeting at Burger King Sunday at noon.  We're planning on Two Harbors.  There will be one boat for sure to shuttle folks across to the Ely, and possibly two boats. 

If I can make it on Saturday, I'll be at the Fitger's parking lot around 0830-0845.  Driving a maroon S-10 Blazer with a dive flag on the rear bumper.
04-27-2007, 01:43 PM,
sounds good I will keep an eye out, we'd love to do the ely but we have to be back in the cities saturday night!
04-27-2007, 01:44 PM,
Oh and we probably wont park in the Fitgers ramp (I dont think there is access to the lake from the ramp) we will probably park near the malt shop and take the stairs!
04-27-2007, 01:50 PM,
If you happen to have a camera with could you post a picture of the water access for the Fitgers site?  I've never been to that particular dive site before but would like to try it sometime.

04-27-2007, 02:12 PM,
I hope you have the conditions that are there today...FLAT CALM..i was only passing by but..my goodness..beautiful..G/L
Oops Did I really say that?????
04-27-2007, 02:52 PM,
yes i will bring a camera and take pictures of the entire area, to bad we cant post videos on this site (other than links) i was going to video the site.
04-27-2007, 02:55 PM,

I've never attempted the stairs...if you park right inside the ramp, there's a cement walkway you can follow, gradual slope, cross the tracks, backtrack a little bit to the east, and head down to the water...right by the "mystery crib".  It's a bit of a walk.  We usually just gear up in the ramp and walk down to the lake.  It'll be a shallow dive, if you haven't been there.  Even shallower now, what with the lake level being so low.  Superior temp last Tues was 37 degrees.

04-27-2007, 02:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-27-2007, 03:00 PM by flyboy65.)

It's a typical Superior access...ankle bending rocks all the way in.  You just have to pick and choose which ankle benders to step on.  I have a helluva time coming out...gravity and balance just don't mix with water in your ears, and 34 lbs of weight on your hips....!