Remember me
Lost Password Register

shore diving access spots along superior
03-31-2010, 02:52 PM,
shore diving access spots along superior
curious if anyone has a list of good spots to shore access superior.
places that you can drive up and park and walk out.(like lester park).
also if anyspots actually have fish to see?
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
03-31-2010, 03:28 PM,
Re: shore diving access spots along superior
There are a few that I know of:  There is access by the French river that you can hit about 50-60ft with s reasonable amount of effort.  Kinnicinic Park, is close to the Glensheen mansion.  It has large boulders that can be fairly cool to see.  There is a bridge that is not too far south of there that has Access too.  More junk to find there, especially fishing cannonballs(tons).  Canal park can be cool too but the vis is really hit or miss and if you don't watch your navigation, you could end up in the channel which really is not a place you would want to be when the ships are moving.
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
03-31-2010, 03:44 PM,
Some time ago we collected this info. It may need updating but then, things don't change much.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
04-02-2010, 08:39 AM,
there was i guy i chatted with on passing, from Duluth area. he had dozens of good spots that were shore access along the north shore of Minnesota. problem is.. i didn't write them down, and have a bad memory.
I imagine for locals there are even more spots along the north shore That are hidden and difficult to get to.. but yet still open to public.

what would be the top shore spots on the north shore?and does it get better the farther north you go, say on the Canadian side?
rumor has it that there are some shallower fish filled bays on the Canadian side.

also I'm interested in the sea caves of apostle islands also. how do you gain access in the summer?
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;