Remember me
Lost Password Register

Hope its ok
01-26-2006, 09:55 AM,
Hope its ok
I started posting dive events that I have found on the websites of various local dive shops. Then I wondered if that would be ok. I noticed there're NO event postings on the calendar here, and I though it would be a good idea to have all the events on the calendar so its centralized.

Does anyone object to having the event grabbed from their website and placed here? Maybe the local shop operators that sponsor events can post them on the calendar? Warm weather will be here soon, I know I'm making my summer diving schedule now. Big Grin

Plus, if the events are posted centrally, if a shop or someone is looking to sponsor an event, they can look to see what and where something has already been scheduled.

Let me know if the postings were ok or not. I'll stop for now - I have them posted to my own calendar anyway. I'd love to see a full calendar of events this summer. Big Grin
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
01-26-2006, 04:44 PM,
Re: Hope its ok
It would be great if you could put all the events on the calendar!  I was going to do last summer but I just got too lazy...  I don't think any dive shop would mind reposting what they already have posted on their own web site. 

Thanks for the motivation  Smile
01-26-2006, 04:47 PM,
True, but I worry about such things Big Grin I have all the dates in my personal calendar. I'll post them all if no one objects...however, the dive shops may want to post their own Big Grin

That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
01-26-2006, 11:51 PM,
I don't really have any problem having our events posted.  The more places divers can go for information the better as far as I'm concerned.  I'm not sure I'd be able to take the time to post them all consistantly.  Our calendars are database generated and even that takes alot of time.  Dive shops (ourselves included) really need alot of traffic on thier own sites, but I would think that if the events were posted here that would drive people to our individual sites for more info.
01-27-2006, 09:04 AM,

As long as they're posted on your site, I'll add them! And instead of copying the whole artice, I'll paste a link to your site "for more information" That gives more places to find dives, and, hopefulyy drive more users to your websites.
01-27-2006, 07:13 PM,
After receiving some feedback from mnscuba members it has been decided to prohibit members from posting events to the calendar themselves.  We will however offer members and dive shops the option to have events posted to the calendar by request by sending a private message to the Administrators of this site.  The Administrators check the site daily and will gladly post events to the calendar upon request.

Thanks
01-27-2006, 10:26 PM,
:'(