Remember me
Lost Password Register

Harpoon Season? starts may 1st
04-26-2010, 06:58 PM,
Harpoon Season? starts may 1st
just studying the new  fishing regulations for 2010. underwater spearfishing falls under what the DNR refers to as harpooning. season starts this sat may 1st.
Also of interest this year it looks like DNR has a law that states for bowfishing after dark motor must be a four stroke. not sure why that is.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
04-26-2010, 06:59 PM,
Re: Harpoon Season? starts may 1st
Decibel level is lower with the four stroke.
04-26-2010, 07:04 PM,
that makes sense,but i dont understand why it is even of regulatory issue. besides there are almost no one doing this night stuff anyways, it amazes me that the state spends time on adding this too the allready long rule book.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
04-26-2010, 07:10 PM,
Bow fishing is becoming a more popular sport now compared to years ago.  With that and making it legal to shoot them after dark.  I suppose someone that lives on a lake complained about the noise and they pointed the finger at the bow fisherman.  I don't see how this part would be any different than anyone that is fishing on the lake after dark.  The only thing that comes to mind is that the carp spearing would be done in the very shallow waters making the motor noise more noticeable to the people living along the lake.

Stupid law, if you ask me, but I would use my trolling motor anyway to get closer to them.
04-26-2010, 07:57 PM,
yup, season starts Saturday... I'm counting the minutes..  looking for the BIG buffalo again.  I ordered a dive ladder for the boat today and that should be here before the weekend and tomorrow I may get time to build some gun holders for the boat.  North Dakota opens this weekend too.. there is a trip or two on the list for Sakakawea to find some walleye for lunch.
Cold and dark down there huh?