Remember me
Lost Password Register

OTTERTAIL LAKE???
06-30-2011, 03:42 PM,
OTTERTAIL LAKE???
  I'm going on a camping trip up to ottertail lake on July 16th weekend, just wondering if any of you ever dive that lake? I would sure like to do some diving while I am there that weekend.  Thanks:-)
06-30-2011, 05:56 PM,
Re: OTTERTAIL LAKE???
otter tail lake will vary but there is always some great diving in the near area. The otter tail river which flows in and out of otter tail can be an interesting dive but it's flowing like crazy now, turns into quite a work out.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
06-30-2011, 07:12 PM,
When you say it varies, do you mean visibility?
06-30-2011, 09:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2011, 09:18 PM by ballfrog.)
Ottertail is a big lake with a large variety of structure.  I've swam a very long way without getting six feet deep, but there are some big holes.

The river is fun, but if you aren't experienced with fast water you might wind up stuck in a snag.  I had a partner pinned with a branch clear through the crotch of his wet suit.

There are a couple decent smaller lakes nearby too.  Paul and McDonald come to mind.

Don't miss Zorbaz.

Oh, and Ottertail is the only place I've seen a Sturgeon.
It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.<br />~Mark Twain
07-01-2011, 02:44 PM,
ok, thanks Ballfrog.  I will probably bring the gear with, and see what happens.