Remember me
Lost Password Register

Parking at Ore-be-Gone
08-08-2005, 08:51 AM,
Parking at Ore-be-Gone
Some information passed on by the Gilbert Police Chief.  The beach area is small and has to accomodate the loading and unloading of boats. There are signs up for permit parking only. Handicap vehicles can park anywhere and there is also hadicap only spots. The police chief will be contacting dive shops and issueing them a numbered permit for one vehicle that has their life support equipment on to park in the permitted spots. Other vehicles with the group or if you are just coming to dive you can off load equipment but then are required to park in the parking lot above. This privilage was extended out to the shops as they know the need to have critical equipment close by when training is being conducted.Parking is on first come so even if you have a permit and there is no room you'll have to park above after unloading.
The life guards have told divers that they can park there, but they don't have the authority and a hand written sign won't protect you from getting a ticket.
Everyone on the police force hopes that everyone coming to dive will honnor this request as they don't want to have to ticket anyone.  We have been there a couple of times where we had to off load our O2 and stuff and park up above.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at info@tallpinescuba.com

Thank you
Rick
08-09-2005, 07:04 PM,
Re: Parking at Ore-be-Gone
Thanks for the info I was there on Saturday with some friend from Chicago and they do need to get a handle on the non permitted parkers. We brought our boat and dove off it, really some nice areas away from the beach.
The one thing I noticed was they do have the signs up and painted outlines and people can't even follow that.
How much longer before those othwer sites go down? I see they are getting some abuse.