Remember me
Lost Password Register

Vis is down in Detroit Lakes area.
06-13-2006, 11:11 PM,
Vis is down in Detroit Lakes area.
Paul Lake vis was down to 7 feet yesterday,  and I heard Lake 6 is bad also. 
Will hit Lake 7 tomorrow (or six if my dyslexic mind got those two turned around).

On a good note,  Lake six was 20 feet,  and I have never seen so many fish in fresh water!

A group are meeting  3 mile North of Vergas Wed 6PM.

From Vergas,  E on 228 1 mile,  veer left onto 4 for 2 miles,  brake sharply when you see the "Camp Cherif Road" sign and take a left.  When you see an access on both sides of the road,  we'll be there.
Non-divers seem so,  well,  shallow.
06-14-2006, 10:41 PM,
Re: Vis is down in Detroit Lakes area.
Agreed, Lake Six was pretty good for viz today (wed), had around 20 feet as Bill mentioned....and a ton of fish!

I brought my camera along with me, testing it out for the first time underwater.  So, I will try to posts pics tomorrow as I just got home from the dive.  Also took some video, will try to get them ready tomorrow as well and post links to them.

Temp was nice too, unless you dropped below the thermocline around 20 feet...then the hands started getting a little chilly after a while.  First time diving without a hood/vest...was nice.  :-)  Not to mention I did my best on air yet....45 min dive, used up 2000 psi...still had 1000 left at the end.  ;D