Remember me
Lost Password Register

POSTING YOUR DIVES....
05-24-2006, 07:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2006, 07:45 PM by MAXFACTOR.)
POSTING YOUR DIVES....
QUESTION .......
What would be the pro's and con's  of having a HOST.... such as MNSCUBA...... keep an open post where DIVER's could post all of the dives they have. 

ie:    diver name.............certification.....number of dives...avg. depth,   ocean, lake, river, night, shark, ice, etc. 

Any legal problems, confideniality problems, ETC....

I would think that it would spark divers to dive and post they're numbers.    etc.  which would increase sales in the local dive shops.

At the very least, I think the dive shops should do it to create some peer rivalry.....   

JUST THINKING out loud or over the forum....   what's your thoughts.
MaxFactor.
05-24-2006, 08:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2006, 08:25 PM by LKunze.)
Re: POSTING YOUR DIVES....
We already have a place for that in the "dive buddy list" thread at the top of the diving get togethers forum.  Anyone can go in and modify their post to effectively update their dive info etc.  It doesn't seem that many people do this though.
Here is the link to the thread.
05-24-2006, 09:15 PM,
thanks Lonnie,  I forgot about that...   
maxfactor
05-24-2006, 09:16 PM,
I thought this part of the forum was where dive postings were supposed to go...
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
05-24-2006, 09:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2006, 09:27 PM by LKunze.)
The diving get together forum is for posting diving get togethers.  The Dive Buddy List thread at the top of that forum is for members to list information about themselves and their diving experience level.  This helps to better match dive buddy skill levels and types of dive profiles you are looking to dive. 
05-24-2006, 09:28 PM,
And we're in "Basic Scuba Discussions" which is where people usually post how the diving was!
05-24-2006, 09:29 PM,
Not anymore.  Wink
05-24-2006, 09:31 PM,
Don't confuse me!  It's late, I'm tired, and you go and move things around on me!!! Tongue  Boy, I'm glad we got that straightened out!
01-01-2007, 04:21 PM,
A good site for recording your dives online is Diverecord.com.  I have ...most...of my dives on there.  It's fun reading other people's logbooks, depths of dives, etc.  I have to update mine.  Plus, if anything ever happens to one of my logbooks, it can act as a backup. 

You can download onto the site from an excel spreadsheet you get from them.  It's really kind of neat!