Remember me
Lost Password Register

New to Minnesota
02-25-2008, 10:16 PM,
New to Minnesota
I was hoping someone on this forum could help me with something. I'm new to MN and am trying to break in to the diving community. Does anyone know of any place that needs diving volunteers? Maybe search and recovery divers or even aquarium tank cleaners. I don't really care. I'd just like to meet some divers and get involved. Thanks for any feedback.
02-26-2008, 10:05 AM,
Re: New to Minnesota
Rbo welcome to Minnesota.  You will find plenty of opportunities to meet other people in our regional diving community.  You can attend diving events sponsored by a local dive shop or organized by divers on this forum.  Watch the "Diving Get Togethers" and "Dive Shop Events" sections of the forum for organized events.  Talk to local Public Safety divers on the forum to see if they have any openings for their dive teams. 
--Jason
02-26-2008, 03:34 PM,
Hi Rob,

Welcome to MN, you might try checking the GLSPS web page, they have a list of projects they do on Superior ship wrecks. 

02-26-2008, 05:56 PM,
Welcome ta the land of 10,000 lakes ;D ;D

You've already found one of the BEST ways to connect with Minnesota divers.. :Smile...MNSCUBA Big Grin

02-27-2008, 01:15 AM,
Rob, congratulations - you are now living in the land of 10,000 lakes and 2 seasons; dive season and hard-water dive season.  I know that there are very active divers on mnscuba who would make great buddies.  Smith Diving offers a fair number of fun dives and events throughout the season and we'd love to have you join us -we'll hook you up with a buddy if need be.  I believe that most of the County Dive Teams around here are professional now and don't do the volunteer thing but some of the cities have smaller teams that are generally made up of enthusiastic divers who share an interest in public safety diving.  Maybe Grumpy will chime in here as he would know a lot more about that than I would.  Please stop in and visit us at the shop.  You can check out our dives at , Lee