Remember me
Lost Password Register

Treasure Dive
04-29-2009, 11:07 AM,
Treasure Dive
Smith Diving is having thier annual Treasure Dive.  Anybody looking for a dive buddy for this event?  2 tanks preferred, PM if interested.

Kevin
04-29-2009, 01:46 PM,
New Treasure Dive for '09
Our 27th Annual Treasure Dive is scheduled for Sunday May 17th at the Washington County Park, Square Lake.  We'll be doing things a little bit different this year.  The Dive(s) will take place from 1pm-3pm with a briefing at 12:30.  Each buddy team (2-3 divers) can dive any time within the time frame so you could do 2 dives if you wanted.  Everyone who dives will be entered into the prize drawing and each "treasure" you pick up during your dive gets you an additional entry.  There will be no predefined area for the dive - just anywhere on the Park side of the lake.  The "treasure will be something small (no bricks) so you can pick up as many as you find.  A mesh bag would probably help.  The cost is $35.00 in advance, $45.00 the day of the event.  Call if you've got any questions or to get registered.
04-30-2009, 06:14 AM,
Re: Treasure Dive
I've been thinking about this, but the water may still be too cold for me.

What is the prize that is being raffled (I'm assuming that is what the fee covers)?
04-30-2009, 10:28 AM,
Re: Treasure Dive
Sorry, I should have said earlier that all participants receive the coveted Treasure Dive T-shirt, picnic lunch and prizes.  There are lots of prizes ranging from grab bags of assorted small goodies to tanks, classes, and usually a B.C., Reg, &/or computer.  The way we work it, all divers will get something.  We do have gear available for rent if you need something to keep you warmer.