Remember me
Lost Password Register

Matt the Aqua Man
11-16-2006, 07:47 AM,
Matt the Aqua Man
Matt the Aqua-man
Well, diving a dream is now a reality. Matt Johnston has completed his 1st open water dive. On Tuesday Nov. 14th aboard the awesome dive boat Republic 7 donated by Conch republic divers,
Matt completed 2 dives.
The 1st being 15 minutes and the 2nd being 10 minutes. He saw tons of fish, beautiful coral and a big barracuda right in front of him. This young man is an inspiration to all of us. His tenacity is amazing.
I also have to congratulate his two dive buddies, Drew Gerling and Frank Fabio. They stayed with him through tons of gear problems on the 1st day, solved them overnight. Then the big dive came. Way to go Matt.
I wish I had pictures but logistics would not allow me on the boat. The Today show will be airing a special and then we will get some pictures. I might add that Matt dedicated his 1st dive to his good friend Jere Thorne.
Thanks Matt, I know Jere was with you and is smiling.
11-16-2006, 08:16 AM,
Re: Matt the Aqua Man
Congratulations, Matt!  Way to go!  Let us know when the report will air on the Today Show -- I want to see it.

(Oh, and I'm just a little bit jealous.  I haven't been diving in Florida yet.  The closest I've come to seeing tons of fish was looking at the fish cribs in Wazee Lake.)
11-16-2006, 08:26 AM,
A great payoff
for a great effort
by a great man.

Way to go Matt!!!
Oops Did I really say that?????
11-16-2006, 08:41 PM,
Great!
11-17-2006, 01:10 PM,
Congradulations Matt!!!!!

Greg ;D
We don`t quit playing because we grow old,,,,We grow old because we quit playing!!
11-20-2006, 07:47 PM,
CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN MATT.

It was good to see you down at the DEMA show in ORLANDO.  Sorry I couldn't dive with you on Tues.  I was heading back to Minneapolis.

I think it is just fantastic that you made the dives.  As a friend of Jere Thorne,  I also know that he had his patented smile on you when you made your dive and thanks so much for dedicating your first dive to him. 

I am sure you will chalk those last two dives up at the most exciting dives of your life.

Congrats again, and keep living your dream.

JOE BURNETT
MAXFACTOR
11-24-2006, 09:13 AM,
Thanks all, for your great support like always. I had a lot of fun at the two dives’. I had so much fun diving I can’t wait to dive again. That was the beginning of my diving career. I have a long ways to go yet. I still have my life support system to finish and my cage dive with the sharks. And of course a lot more dives to go. Capt Gary is one hell of a captain, I feel so lucky to have such a great dive team. It was great diving in the lake and seeing the fish but the ocean was awesome seeing all those fish.  I’m proud to dedicate my first Ocean dive to Jere Thorne. He was a great friend. Here is a link to some pics.

Take care all

Matt
So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.<br />-Christopher Reeve-
11-25-2006, 10:18 AM,
Congradulations Matt, from all the members of the Inland Divers Vintage Dive Club.
11-26-2006, 10:24 AM,
Thanks everybody, to the vintage group too.

Also if there is a moderator out there looking, please change my user name to Matt the Aquaman.

Matt
So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.<br />-Christopher Reeve-