Remember me
Lost Password Register

Just got back from Lake Superior
08-12-2007, 08:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-14-2007, 03:13 PM by NorthlandDivers.)
Just got back from Lake Superior
We just got back from a weekend of diving Lake Superior.  We chartered Superior Expeditions and let me tell you they did a GREAT job!!!!!!!  We had so many divers we used all 3 of there boats, 3 Captains, and 3 crew.  They bent over backwards for us. Taking us where we wanted to go when we wanted to be there put in extra time today to alow us to do a dive we wanted to do even though it took a lot more of there time to do it.  They handled all the gear for us helped everyone get suited up and did all the heavy lifting.  These people were great!!  Every onel of them!!! 
Water temp was 48 to 50  and on the Ely today it was 55.  We had great viz on the Ely today.  It was a strong 30 feet.  Viz on the other wrecks and areas we dove was a strong 40 feet.
We not only had a great dive crew but, we had a great group of divers.
Last night we had dinner at the Rustic Inn in Castle Danger.  If you have never stopped there the food is excellent and there pie's are second to none.  I tried a new on last night that I hadn't had before it was called Lemon Angel.  WOW!!!! what a Fantastic pie.  I was extremly tempted to purchase a whole pie and bring it home with me but,  my diet would suffer greatly.  It was so good I'm not sure it would have made it home.  I might have munch on it all the way home.
So again we had a great time with great divers, a great charter boat team and of course the item all divers enjoy great food and company.

I thought I would add a picture of our group.

Attached Files
.jpg   Group Shot 1 web.jpg (Size: 66.27 KB / Downloads: 108)
.jpg_thumb   Group Shot 1 web.jpg_thumb (Size: 37.93 KB / Downloads: 0)
08-14-2007, 03:15 PM,
Re: Just got back from Lake Superior
I added a picture of our group on the dock at Silver Bay just before we loaded the boats to go diving.