Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 2nd Annual 2011-2012 Icing Challenge
02-20-2012, 09:18 PM,
Re: TRINITY'S 2nd Annual 2011-2012 Icing Challenge

Dave buddy, dont you even try to spew bs about gulf diving being tough, you'll just get soft down there, look what happened up here to team Isanti ( two honarable hard hitting real icers with honarable mention for Art) after too much time in the gulf, even Shooter said he's 10:1 all for diving the warm clear waters. Course they started out a little soft, in the "loveshack",  dont even want to go there though, too much like, deliverence or something. We did three jumps on Sat. in Tonka, and after a few dozen ice jumps this winter I just might take you up and come down and warm up in the gulf. Dave just look at how tough these icing guys are!

Attached Files
.jpg   Icing pics on Fish Lake 1-7-12 017.JPG (Size: 898.21 KB / Downloads: 43)
.jpg   !st icing pics of 2001-2012 011.JPG (Size: 887.88 KB / Downloads: 55)
.jpg   !st icing pics of 2001-2012 006.JPG (Size: 957.22 KB / Downloads: 55)
.jpg   Icing pics on Fish Lake 1-7-12 017.JPG (Size: 898.21 KB / Downloads: 43)
.jpg   !st icing pics of 2001-2012 011.JPG (Size: 887.88 KB / Downloads: 55)
.jpg   !st icing pics of 2001-2012 006.JPG (Size: 957.22 KB / Downloads: 55)
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
02-21-2012, 07:20 AM,
Id bet trinitys would get nice quality even in the lower light levels....Im bumed that i couldnt get mine camera on when we saw all those smallies... this almost always happens. just like that. almost every musky ive seen, was gone before i could reach for my camera let alone turn it on.

and terry...." and after a few dozen ice jumps this winter" ...this sounds too humble. ive been running numbers in my head and am amazed that trinity might just break a hundred holes cut thru a single season..(If he hasnt yet). WOW!  ...thats alot of holes! ...
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
02-21-2012, 06:47 PM,
Yeah if you are ice certified, you are welcome to join the challenge! You'd have to ask trinity exactly what the challenge is this year  ???  We are going to try for Sunday, some of us are going to the glsps show if you wanna meet us first. We are not sure on the top secret dive site, so well have to figure that out for sure. Welcome to the Icing Challenge!

"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
02-21-2012, 07:09 PM,
Terry, that ice looks like crap, I think that bar is a little over kill, you could probably use the 16" and have bar to spare.

Steve looks like he has been "hitting the weights" pretty hard lately.

I do plan on flying back over Memorial Day weekend.

Miss diving with you guys.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
02-22-2012, 11:27 AM,
whose fins by the hole in steve's pic? freediving style that fit on rock boots  8) what kind are they? I love my stiff blade fins, but mine only have the foot pocket. they work great in the gulf, but not here.
02-23-2012, 03:02 PM,

Team secret?  :-X I'm guessing pb since he has some exp. chasing fish  :-\
02-23-2012, 04:31 PM,

[/quote]

Ya I'm pretty sure there Popos Nate I'll find out the info and let you know.
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
02-23-2012, 06:05 PM,

[/quote]

[/quote]

yeah the mystery fins WERE popos, but they broke
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
02-23-2012, 06:43 PM,
mine. fins by Riffe. after snapping, i tried to swap blades with my omers, but they didn't fit as nicely as i would like. Riffe was so nice as to send me a replacement blade, being i just got these fins 6 weeks ago. .. any ways i felt naked without them. but now ive got my pants back. so i will be diving with a vengeance now. its funny but i dont feel comfortable in regular fins....by the way the open heal only come in one size. and barely are large enough for drysuit boots. cressi also made an open heal(if y can find them) but they were even smaller in the largest size.anyways if y want to test them, stop by.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
02-24-2012, 07:55 AM,

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think I saw a picture of the Team Gilligan dive locker once, and the ones on the ice don't look like the Team Gilligan standard issue fins  ;D ;D ;D I think the orange and blue pairs were from before they voted on wearing only red and black.  Wink

Attached Files
.jpg   Team Gilligans dive locker.jpg (Size: 75.56 KB / Downloads: 35)