Remember me
Lost Password Register

The Diver's Guide to Lake Wazee
04-01-2004, 11:09 PM,
The Diver's Guide to Lake Wazee
There is a new book coming out in May that Wazee Divers might find interesting. Please see the enclosed flyer. This book will be available online and through many area dive shops, including Wazee Sports Center, Scuba Dive and Travel and at the entrance to Wazee Lake Recreation Area. More details to come!

Attached Files
.jpg   flyer_copy.jpg (Size: 90.66 KB / Downloads: 82)
.jpg_thumb   flyer_copy.jpg_thumb (Size: 34.86 KB / Downloads: 1)
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.
04-02-2004, 06:02 AM,
Re:The Diver's Guide to Lake Wazee
Awesome. Can't wait to check it out John! Smile
05-12-2004, 11:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-12-2004, 10:00 PM by john j.)
I received the first production run of books yesterday and they are available right now at Scuba Dive and Travel in Minneapolis. They will be distributed to other dive shops soon and will also be sold at Lake Wazee entrance ranger station.

We are also offering a large (about 11x15 inch) full color laminated depth contour map as a separate item. It's really a nice map. People usually say "WOW!" when they see it. The map is included (non-laminated version) in my book.

I'd be interested in hearing comments form anyone who sees the book or map.

John J
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.
05-12-2004, 09:55 PM,
I'll ask the distributor to call that shop and inquire.

The book is in stock in large numbers now at:
Scuba Dive and Travel
4741 Chicago Ave South
Minneapolis, MN 55407
(612) 823-7210

Distribution to other shops is just beginning, but if your favorite shop doesn't carry it soon, ask them to call Scuba Dive and Travel since they are handling the distribution for me.

Thanks very much for your interest in my book and I hope it is useful to you. I'm really looking forward to hearing comments from the Wazee divers.
05-13-2004, 02:44 PM,
John, I think you need to have a book signing so we can all get our autographed copies. Wink
--Jason
05-13-2004, 04:22 PM,
Ahem....
Gee , guess who has gotten the 1st AUTOGRAPHED copy of the book? :Smile

And a wonderful book it is!!! Big Grin
The color fold-out topo map is just awesome...And the directions of the different ledges...Well , it might help us BLONDEs find our way around finally. Maybe if the darn thing is waterproof , I can take it down with me! :o

Thank you so much!!!

Jean Smile

P.S. I feel so honored...
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
06-02-2004, 04:23 PM,
The book is now available at Air Down There SCUBA as well.

Great book John, very nice pictures.
-Matt
06-03-2004, 09:42 PM,
Thanks for the compliement-It really means a lot to me.

I can take no credit for the underwater pictures. I had some help from some really good photographers. I've tried to take underwater pictures myself and I sucked bad. I've got a lot of respect for people who can get decent UW photos.

Anyway, I'm glad you like the book. Perhaps we'll meet at Wazee someday.

John J