Remember me
Lost Password Register

pictures
05-29-2004, 06:24 AM,
pictures
Would there be intrest in the topic of local photography? I was thinking that there could be a spot for local pictures. That way we could see what kind of pictures others are getting. It would also be nice to get a visual on sites that we have not dove or would like to dive. I guess the main questions are, how many members have cameras and how people feel about sharing their pictures with others? Perhaps something could be stated that these pictures are not to be made for reproduction or something like that.
05-29-2004, 09:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2004, 09:29 AM by LKunze.)
Re:pictures
Yeah, it would be a cool idea. I'm not sure if there are limitations to this board's software for that or not. Jason would know. Here are some links to some local pictures.

Check this thread from the wiscuba site.

Here are some of my pics from the past couple years. I haven't taken any yet this year.

Here are some of DanL's pics.

If anyone else has some pics post your links in the photography forum. Maybe what we could do is get a thread that stays at the top of the Underwater Photography forum that has a list of members' photo weblinks.
05-29-2004, 07:51 PM,
Like this?

There is a section dedicated to underwater photography... unless you were referring to the actual hosting of the pictures/albums, etc.?
05-29-2004, 07:59 PM,
Yes I was thinking of the site hosting the pictures. Later in newer versions perhaps some of the pictures could even be used in helping to describe the sites.
05-30-2004, 02:33 PM,
There was talk before about having a site feature that was member generated that would have site pics, max depth, areas to dive, water temp, visibility, fees, permits, etc.

Members would be 100% responsible for the accuracy of the data and would only be as valid as the last update. With all the members here I think it could stay pretty current.
05-30-2004, 08:27 PM,
could start out with a photo gallery and see what the quality of the pictures are. Then from there you could choose the best ones to represent the diffrent lakes/ wreck sites.
06-01-2004, 11:29 AM,
Like to try to spiff up the "Lake Info" section with more current data/pictures. I don't think this is user changeable like the calendar is...
06-02-2004, 11:32 AM,
There's currently not a way for users to upload photos to an 'album' of sorts. The new version of mnscuba.com will possibly have some user input (like the lake info section).

If any of you are programmers and feel like donating some time for this, we'll be happy to evaluate it and possibly integrate it into the site if it meets the needs.

Keep the suggestions coming!