Superior, Maderia- Aug 24th
07-17-2002, 01:28 PM,
Re: Superior, Maderia- Aug 24th
Quote:Hey, do you guys mind if a diver from Denver,CO joins in?<br><br>Joe
<br>Be glad to have you join us! Smile<br>
07-17-2002, 03:49 PM,
Quote:Hey, do you guys mind if a diver from Denver,CO joins in?<br><br>Joe
<br>This should be fun. When I lived in Denver, the biggest lake was a puddle compared to an average MN lake. Green vegatation and water might be a shock to his/her system. <br><br>My brother-in-law from MO said he might want to come as well.
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
07-17-2002, 05:44 PM,
Re: Superior, Madeira
Well, a little background.  I was born an' raised in Columbia Heights (north Mpls) and married a St. Paul gal.  We moved to  Denver for personal reasons, and here we are.  I want to dive the Great Lakes because of the challenge.  I've been in most of the Colorado reservoirs.  They are really, really down right now, and we need a break.  We had a Cali trip planned, but it went bust.  Geez, this sounds like a heartbreaking handout.  NOT.  What I need from you folks is a plan, I would maybe have my serious dive buddy, and/or my wife (either or both),  andi really want to do this.<br><br>Give me specifics, please...<br>Joe
07-17-2002, 10:24 PM,
Re: Superior, Madeira
Quote: I've been in most of the Colorado reservoirs. <br>Joe
  :o<br><br>When I lived there, I took one look and said "No way". You dive those reservoirs and you HAVE to be one dedicated diver. I tip my hat to you, but I hope for a much better dive than Chapfield.  ;D<br><br>I too am looking forward to this dive. This will be my first time in Superior and I can't wait. I haven't seen a decent wreck in almost year, and this will be my first in cold water. As far as specifics go, I vote for meeting mid to late morning, but I'm fairly flexible. Someone who has dove this before, please think of a good place for everyone to meet.<br><br><br><br>
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
07-18-2002, 07:09 AM,
I'll be at this one.  I'd like to do two dives on Saturday.  I won't be camping, I'll be going back to Duluth to stay at my Dad's place since we're going canoeing on Sunday. Smile
07-22-2002, 03:59 PM,
I just found out I can't make it. #$#@!! Have fun the rest of you.

Tom
08-04-2002, 07:37 PM,
Re:Superior, Maderia- Aug 24th
What's the water temp like around the Maderia? Are most people diving wetsuits or dry suits?
08-05-2002, 06:27 AM,
I will be diving Maderia on the 17th in a 7mm wetsuit hopefully I will survive the cold LOL. That weekend ALL the camp sites are booked and I have to check into a hotel. Does anyone know of other camp sites in the area?<br>Mark
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............
08-05-2002, 09:27 AM,
<br>From what I hear lots of divers dive the Madeira in wetsuits. Is it cold? Yeah,but if you've dove Wazee and Crosby you should be fine. I'll be doing the dive on the 24th in my wetsuit.
08-05-2002, 05:32 PM,
I defiantly would like to dive the Maderia. I think I'm going to purchase a dive computer before I do that dive. I plan to buy it before the 24th. If I get it before the 17th, Mark I will join you up in Duluth on the 17th. If not, I will for sure go the 24th. Can you dive the Maderia from shore or do you need to charater a boat? How deep are people planning to dive the Maderia?