Remember me
Lost Password Register

ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
04-28-2010, 06:26 AM,
Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...

scare Nate?  ??? 
I took out my trusty dive knife, skun the little bastard, and tucked his pelt under my dive hood for added warmth. Who needs merino wool liners for warmth, when you can use a semi dry muskrat hood ?  >Big Grin
JK, he had been dead for too long.

Did the camera come back to life yet?

04-28-2010, 07:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-30-2010, 09:54 PM by DetectorGuy.)

I try not to miss an opportunity to see peoples faces when they are suprised. Remember the incident with you driving the 4 wheeler with all our gear up the hill, and me running up behind it to help push it up the hill?...  Everytime I think of that day I chuckle out loud. Or the time when you had the fake body and I grabbed your arm... Good times

The camera is on the road to recovery. I think a couple more days and it might come back to life fully. Last night I tried it and it worked for 2 photos and then it shut itself off. The photos were a little fuzzy. I am actively looking at a 12 MP replacement.
04-28-2010, 09:47 AM,

I try not to miss an opportunity to see peoples faces when they are suprised. Remember the incident with you driving the 4 wheeler with all our gear up the hill, and me running up behind it to help pust it up the hill?...  Everytime I think of that day I chuckle out loud. Or the time when you had the fake body and I grabbed your arm... Good times

[/quote]

okay, I'll give you that.. ;D ;D . You have caused me to talk to Jesus on several occasions  :o
05-22-2010, 10:34 PM,
Well this post has been inactive for almost a month, so I thought I would add another new wreck to the score card. I went out to the third lake of Forest Lake and did a solo dive this afternoon. I was kinda hoping to find part of that Mustang that might be located there and all I found was this old decrepit 18' fiberglass boat. It had been gutted with no seats, no steering wheel, and no windshield... just a hull, a few fittings and some railing is all that's left. It had been an outboard style runabout and the owner took the lower unit off the power head and stuffed it into the cubby hole by the transom. I dug through the cubby hole and placed the lower unit on the rear deck. The viz was between 2' and 3'. The boat had 3/4" of algae on it and quite a few lures snagged on it. There was one anchor about 10' from it and I added that to the collection. I did a search around the boat and found a 5' wrecking bar sticking out of the mud and I left it where I found it (25' west of the wreck). The sunken island that it is sitting next to is surprisingly nice firm gravel down to about 18' deep and then the silt starts any deeper than that. The water temp was 64 degrees.

The coordinates to this boat are: N45 15.997' W92 55.697'

Here is a link to a video I took of the beauty:
05-24-2010, 09:35 PM,
Another nice find, thanks for posting the video Smile .
05-25-2010, 06:49 AM,
Nice video considering it was shot in soup  Wink
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
05-25-2010, 07:03 AM,
Thanks, I should have used the wide angle lense to get closer and give the illusion that I was farther away. I also turned on the red filter (which I have not used until that video) to try and take away some of the green tint to the water. It didn't work as good as I thought it would but in murky water, you don't get much quality.
05-30-2010, 02:45 PM,
I know this doesn't count as a shipwreck... but yesterday I was diving in Forest Lake again, and I stumbled onto a sunken fish house.  This fish house must have went down in a hurry because it had a lot of gear left in it. There was a kerosene heater, a color tv/vcr combo, rattle reels, chairs, and other stuff. The registration was from 2002. It is upside down in 17' of water. It is about 8' wide,  12' long and 11' high. The thing was full of fish, crappies and sunnies mostly. It is located on the East (third lake) end of Forest Lake. One of the windows was broken but it is still too small to enter without taking off my buoyancy compensator and the aluminum commercial door was locked. I found one corner that the wall was coming undone and I entered the house from there. I am trying to upload video that I took of the inside but youtube is not cooperating today. The coordinates to this fish house are: N45 15.725' W92 55.077'

I took a bunch of video and here is a link to the outside of it:
05-30-2010, 05:30 PM,
Here is a link to the video I took inside the fish house. The first bit of it is me trying to get in through the window and then through the door. When I am at the door turn the volume up and you can hear me saying "knock knock" and "You hoooo". Then you can also hear the boats going overhead. This was the First time I ever paused until the sound of the boats got quieter before ascending at the end of the dive. I finally gained entry by going through the wall of the house.

06-14-2010, 12:04 PM,

Nce dives! Sorry that I missed them.  :'( I couldn't belive all the fish, even walleye  :o Too bad the vis was so crappy.