Remember me
Lost Password Register

ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
05-04-2013, 06:35 PM,
Re: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
since this challenge has been sunk, ill float it again with the boat I found in Bush lake

+44° 50' 3.79", -93° 22' 43.80"

the boat seems pretty solid, but is under about a foot of sand it mucked up pretty fast in about 20' of water
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
05-04-2013, 07:19 PM,
Nice Find Joe. The next couple weekends are kinda goofed up for me, but I think we are gonna find a sizable number of wrecks this summer.

As of 5-04-2013 the running totals are as follows:
Detectorguy (John)--------------------6 boats, 1 fish house, 1951 Oldsmobile, & 1967 Camaro
Shooter (Nate)-------------------------3 boats
Hydro (Joe)----------------------------2 boats
Trinity (Terry)--------------------------2 boats
lahrcm (Curtis)-------------------------1 boat and 1 dump truck
doug67 (Doug)-------------------------1 boat and 1 slightly used van (Van was removed but debris field remains)
AandA (Art)----------------------------1 boat
Max (Nates son)------------------------1 pontoon boat
Popolarbear (Stephan)------------------1 boat
ArcFlash (Steve)-----------------------1 boat
05-06-2013, 08:55 AM,

Sweet. Are just the top rails above the sand? What is coming off the left in the top pic?
05-06-2013, 09:05 AM,
The top pic has both rails.. I have video but terry and I both messing with it silted it up fast... might be decently preserved but youd have to bring a shovel or something... being sunk off the point sand has just washed down the slope over the boat. The wood felt to be in solid condition.
-John Calhoun
05-06-2013, 09:49 AM,
If you use a sand suchion  on it you can clean it out and then bag it.
05-19-2013, 06:58 PM,
With the forecast we thought it would be a bear out there, but king neptune was smiling on us today Wink! I even got a little sunburn :o. I managed to put 2 on the board. 1 really nice one, and 1 semi submerged old crusty one. Maiden dive trip on my new outboard ;D. I will post  pics, video, and coordinates later.
05-20-2013, 05:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-20-2013, 05:31 AM by DetectorGuy.)
Yep, for as bad as the forecast was, we sure had a nice day where we were at. I guess all that clean living is paying off. Nate made out like a bandit finding two wrecks yesterday, and all I found was a large aluminum boat lift in about 20' deep water. It is a ShoreStation boat lift with the complete canopy. The good news is that these things sell for about $6,000 new and $3,000 used. I have attached a schematic drawing of the structure not including the canopy and winch assembly and a photo of a similar one sitting on shore for comparison.
Here is a video of us diving on the boat lift we found:

Attached Files
.jpg   shore_station-vrack_structurecomplete1.jpg (Size: 233.14 KB / Downloads: 91)
.jpg   used_lifts_182_2135939919.jpg (Size: 26.1 KB / Downloads: 95)
05-20-2013, 07:10 AM,
hey i know where one is out my way. kinda in the way of fishing. upsets me that people dump or lose stuff like this in a key fishing spot. never thought about moving it. im sure the fishing comunity would be happy to see it gone. the one ive seen seems large.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
05-21-2013, 11:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-22-2013, 08:52 AM by Shooter.)

Here is the first one from sat.  N 45 04.670' W92 58.356' @ 30' deep
05-22-2013, 01:10 PM,
When the lake dries up... the state of mn might take issue with you dumping your boat in the lake.  ;D
-John Calhoun