Remember me
Lost Password Register

ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
02-24-2014, 11:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2014, 03:04 PM by DetectorGuy.)
RE: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
Wow! When you guys revive a thread, you go 'Whole hog'. So with Popo's barge, and Jasons car and canoe, here is an updated scoreboard as of 2-24-2014:

As of 2-24-2014 the running totals are as follows:
Detectorguy (John)--------------------6 boats, 1 fish house, 1951 Oldsmobile, & 1967 Camaro
Shooter (Nate)-------------------------5 boats
Popolarbear (Stephan)-----------------3 boats
Hydro (Joe)-----------------------------2 boats
Trinity (Terry)--------------------------2 boats
12Jason (Jason)------------------------1 boat and 1 car
lahrcm (Curtis)-------------------------1 boat and 1 dump truck
doug67 (Doug)-------------------------1 boat and 1 slightly used van (Van was removed but debris field remains)
AandA (Art)----------------------------1 boat
Max (Nates son)-----------------------1 pontoon boat
ArcFlash (Steve)-----------------------1 boat

For any electricians out there...TERRY... thats a total of 24 boats, 5 vehicles and a fish house Big Grin
02-27-2014, 06:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2014, 07:27 PM by Terry.)
For any electricians out there...TERRY... thats a total of 24 boats, 5 vehicles and a fish house Big Grin

Now John, as is usual with the union carps I deal with, by Thur. evening I'm totally out of GFY's, now days I'm lucky to have one left much after Wed. morning break. Although I can see a guy, like yourself, who can count to/higher then 30 without taking off his buddy's boots, would be handy to have around. Like the other day when they were, say, counting up charges, and came up with, parden the pun, a "misfire", or say a few months back when she was a steal at $.985B, and now (before she's, even in a dumpster) she's, $1.25B. It was good to see you and Nate though. Smile
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
02-27-2014, 08:29 PM,
Yeah, I was just messing with you. It was good to see you again at the shipwreck show.
06-03-2014, 08:40 PM,
On Saturday 5-31 Nate and I went diving on Spectacle Lake to 'verify' the location of a couple items we found earlier. We got a better fix on the locations and the exact coordinates have been adjusted as shown below. The visibility was over 30' and even though it was raining cats and dogs with enough lightning to keep the riff-raff off the lake, we had a great time. This lake is well worth the dive just for the clarity.

The submerged lifeguard tower is sitting upright next to the boat and these two are almost touching each other.
06-09-2014, 08:32 AM,
Coming soon to a lake near you.......

Honey Badger Dive Team underwater theme park :-) We added another one on Sun, I will let John fill in the details
06-09-2014, 07:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014, 07:30 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Nate and I went diving in Spectacle lake yesterday to check out an area we had skimmed over with the tow sled last year. We thought we saw a board laying in the silt and it has been bugging me for a year. We went back and found the 'board' was actually the top of a wood boat. It is about 14' long and kinda narrow. The coordinates to this fixer-upper are:
N45 34.253' W93 24.702'
by , on Flickr]Wood boat Found on 6-8-2014 Spectacle Lake[/url]

Here is the new tally sheet

As of 6-8-2014, the running totals are as follows:
Detectorguy (John)--------------------7 boats, 1 fish house, 1951 Oldsmobile, & 1967 Camaro
Hydro (Joe)-----------------------------2 boats
doug67 (Doug)-------------------------1 boat and 1 slightly used van (Van was removed but debris field remains)
06-10-2014, 03:27 AM,
I admit that photo wasn't much to look at, so here is a video of the 6-8-2014 boat:

09-08-2014, 05:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 05:59 PM by Hydro.)
Thumbs Down  RE: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
went looking for two new sunken shipwrecks in prior lake (Scotty got coords)
I found one... terry found the other, (but no video of other boat)...

sooo there are two unclaimed boats still in prior

the boat I found:
N 44°43.839'
W 93°25.319'

Here is the new tally sheet

As of 9-8-2014, the running totals are as follows:
Detectorguy (John)--------------------7 boats, 1 fish house, 1951 Oldsmobile, & 1967 Camaro
Hydro (Joe)-----------------------------3 boats
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
09-09-2014, 07:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 07:43 AM by DetectorGuy.)
That one has been there for a while. Was this an ice dive? I thought I saw a tether line. What was the finger spool for... Measuring?

As of 9-8-2014, the running totals are as follows:
Hydro (Joe)-----------------------------3 boats
09-09-2014, 09:01 AM,
Vis was horrible <5'.. had coords so I went off anchor drop.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun