Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
12-21-2010, 06:09 PM,
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge

All in fun Steve, all in fun.  That is why the little smiley face is there.

As far as not bringing the stuff to shore,  not very good.  Wouldn't hurt to clean the lake up a little by bringing what you have brought up from the bottom back to shore.  Doesn't look very good.  IMHO..
12-21-2010, 06:12 PM,

I couldn't help myself..   ;D  ;D  ;D  I hope you had a good laugh over all this..
12-21-2010, 08:51 PM,
! I could strip and walk out into the ice water, well, if I didn't have to go any deeper then he is, I could. Thanks Robert for that suggestion! :-\

TRINITY
[/quote]

I figure that's gotta be worth at least 10 anchors on the count, maybe even 20.  How bad do you want to win?  I could put a good word in for you with the judge.......

Of course, proof in the form of HD video will be required in order to ensure the anchors were duly earned.
12-21-2010, 09:51 PM,

That is one of the reasons to take the money out of the race, there is no reason to cheat. 

You would have to remove the testosterone to remove the reason for cheating. >Big Grin >Big Grin ;D ;D
Bob
12-22-2010, 08:09 AM,

[/quote]
        The judges, in order of sign up are, Christie (Dragon Eye) Bob (CCR Diver) Doogles, and Angie (Acarpenter). I wanted judges for a few reasons,,,, to try to keep decision making fair, to keep those not so into icing more involved, and to difflect some of the decisions that would make someone unhappy, away from me. The judges do cover the gammut in experience, from Angie and Doogles who have never ice dove, to Christie who has a few times, to Bob who has been deeper in ice cold water then most everyone. I wanted an impartial group, and as chance would have it, 3 of the 4 judges are friends of an ex of mine, so I'm not likely to get any special favors :-\, (Hi Lynn! :-*) I ask and encourage all the judges to weigh in any time there asked, and I ask the icers to be respectful of there calls.
                                                                                     TRINITY
I would respectfully  :Smile  :-* request that all judges weigh in on disputes. I would like to hear from all of them on (a) if they are going to give credit for team g "first dive", (b) pre-scouting dives to find anchors before ice diving began, © the validity of a window sash weight to be called an anchor, & finally (d) that any contestant appearing naked or semi-naked be penalized a minimum of 10 anchors & 75 min of bottom time  ;D

12-22-2010, 08:15 AM,
I am cool with the paint can anchors - but I do not think the window weight makes the grade for me. By the by Terry, in regards to pulling the sled by yourself instead of by machine, all I can say is, "We're men, MANLY men, we're men in dry suits."
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
12-22-2010, 09:48 AM,
Quote:I would respectfully  :Smile  :-* request that all judges weigh in on disputes. I would like to hear from all of them on (a) if they are going to give credit for team g \"first dive\", (b) pre-scouting dives to find anchors before ice diving began, © the validity of a window sash weight to be called an anchor, & finally (d) that any contestant appearing naked or semi-naked be penalized a minimum of 10 anchors & 75 min of bottom time  ;D

I'll weigh in for you: 

A- yes that dive counted though the ice was VERY thin- and for springtime ice out you must CUT your hole- using the bottom of a scuba tank isn't going to work. (Call it a clarification in the rules).

B- pre-dive, what's a pre-dive?  No you don't get extra credit for advanced scouting for this anchor challenge the additional bottom time doesn't get added to your contest total. (Let me know if that clarifies that point for you)

C- I thought at first glance that it was a stick in the photo, but I'd lean to Bob's seaworthy experience which is far beyond my own to agree that it does count.

D- No one needs to see that, let's not go there!

The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
12-22-2010, 01:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-22-2010, 02:53 PM by Shooter.)

Seaworthy exp not required to determine that a window sash weight or a stick is not an anchor.  :-X  It would be nice for all judges to weigh in any disputes, (call it a clarification of clarifications and yes that will help clarify things for me)  ;D

Icing  Rules:
           - Goal is maximum amount of time under.
           - Must sign up before Jan 1st 2011, simple, just add your name.
           -All times must be verifiable, either signed logs or computer verification, or certifiable if you'd rather be considered that.
           - All dives must be thru "cut holes", none of this nonsense of diving under a 1/4" of ice from the open water along shore and calling it an ice dive.            -All dives must be in

A. Did not need clarification of the rules. Just wanted to know if anyone was going to enforce the rules that were already in place. Thank you for clearing those tissues up
12-22-2010, 02:28 PM,
Shooter, why so much crying? It's not like you to whine so much.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
12-22-2010, 02:52 PM,

Work is really slow and I'm all out of tissue's.  :Smile

Attached Files
.jpg   sorry.JPG (Size: 1.53 MB / Downloads: 85)
.jpg   sorry.JPG (Size: 1.53 MB / Downloads: 84)