Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
01-20-2011, 06:59 AM,
Re: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
I am pretty sure that my good gesture will net me five anchors on my next ice dive  ;D.

Nate I had a dream about you last night, that with all your good Karma, you found 50 virgin anchors, (anchors that had never been found before) How cool would that be!

You are fun to mess with dude! Look forward to the grouper.
                                                                        TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
01-23-2011, 08:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2011, 11:46 AM by Hydro.)
went out yesterday, had a big haul... heres some videos of trinity cutting a virgin hole

above is terry's first anchor...(not to be counted in the contest)

sadly only terry was able to score sat....
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
01-23-2011, 05:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2011, 08:22 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Hey Team G,
What is the story with the red anchor? If you look in the back ground of the second photo, there is a blue "Clam Command Post" shelter that looks like mine, but I swear on a stack of danforths that it was not me. I spent the day unloading big round bales for the horses wishing I was diving. Now I have enough hay to last 30 weeks. Did you find that snappy wood handled spud on the bottom? It looks new. How was the viz? Did you see anything too big to bring up? Did you see any men dressed in black standing on shore and talking into their sleeve? ;D
01-23-2011, 06:00 PM,
i found that garbage pick with a scraper welded on makeshift spud... then 3 hours later the owner drove out on the lake to get it back from me since he threw it in the day before... hes lucky i hadn't got around to tossing it back .
vis was great 20-25'... didnt leave much lack of visible anchors to the imagination...
the red anchor is terry's story to tell...

(got an extra 10" on the cord for the long arm of arcflash added to the auger as well)
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
01-23-2011, 08:12 PM,
I don't think that's a "Command Post"....I think it's a "Summit".  If I wasn't diving in a pool at the boat show today, I'd say it might be my summit!  ;D  My water was WAY warmer than yours.  Even my son decided to come in and get wet!  :o  Big Grin
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
01-23-2011, 09:20 PM,
Hey Guys,
                     Team G String had a tough time of it on Saturday, we knew we were down (I mean its rather obvious our team does indeed represent the bottom three players of Trinity's entire challange) and after having learned the valuable lesson on karma from Nate I knew we needed to do something special. So I brought with the first anchor I ever found,(the red plastic coated bell anchor with Lake Waconia written on it, from my own personal collection) it happened to be from Lake Waconia, obviously I can't divulge the location of the dried up gash in the ground we wasted our day on.
                     Thinking by bringing the red bell back home to the mother land would bring us luck, is like beliving that all the snakes have actually been driven from Ireland. As it turned out after three cut holes (ice is running 22-24 inches) the extent of our joy is one cast navy anchor. I mean I've known dry spells, although I did find one uber cool muskie lure. Joe and Steve came back from the first hole with nothing, so I decided to run further out, in doing so I hooked a couple fishing lines from guys who showed up after I went in. In looking back I could see them pulling my line towards their holes, so I swam back grabbed outside where their hooks were imbedded and pushed my line up into their holes where they each took their hooks out, I then shoved my arm up to wave and headed back to the hole. On the surface I grabbed a couple beers and headed over to their shack, to apologise, the guys thought it was great humor, they each thought they had fish on at the same time till one guy looked into the hole and yelled, "dude, theres somebody down there!" We all had a few laughs till it was time to cut a new hole.
                       We had decent bottom on the 1st and 3rd hole too soft on the 2nd. Hoping all the good karma I've been building up pays off next weekend.    TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
01-24-2011, 07:27 AM,
;D ;D ;D  ROFLOL Terry that is SWEET! I would of loved to of been topside hearing the guys be surprised.
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
01-24-2011, 08:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-24-2011, 08:33 AM by DetectorGuy.)

Stranger Danger... The dive flag is not enough (sometimes) to keep fishermen out of the radius. We have had kids come over and tell us that their dad said the flag meant that we were from Sweden or something. :o Our concern is that the 1/2" floating rope sweeps across a fishing line and the fishermen pull your rope up through their hole, and cut the rope thinking is is abandon. Instant problem! The chances of an auger drilling through the ice right on top of your rope is remote but possible too. I have tried an electronic distance meter to set up over 150' away from existing houses, but that idea did not work as good as physically pulling the rope across the surface and "marking our territory" with wood lath and the notorius signs. At least if something happened after all that dilligence, a guys widow would have a leg to stand on in court. Sorry to hear that the anchor hunt wasn't more productive. Good to hear the viz was good. The DNR site claims 10' viz in the fall there and getting better from the past few years.
01-24-2011, 11:13 AM,

Sorry about pulling the rope off your machine.  :Smile

What a sorry day. I get skunked and we hit 3 sites, all "No Joy!"

I'm starting to see a pattern. We are diving too rich of lakes. I mean, we need to find boaters going on the cheap. The lakes we're in are all spending too much on chain and shackles and tie wire. They are buying good rope so they don't lose so much. What we need is some low rent boaters losing on cheap rope.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
01-24-2011, 05:24 PM,
                 I think this is the present tally, if I could get the judges to weigh in, I believe this is correct.     
                                     John 20 anchors
                                     Nate 14 anchors
                                     Steve 7 anchors
                                     Terry 6 anchors
                                     Art 2 anchors
                                     and Joe with just, 1 anchor,,, dragging up the bottom.

I believe that the Team G is INDEED on the comeback trail and we are improving even faster then the economy is recovering, I mean in just the last two weeks alone, we've jumped 6 holes in two different lakes, and look at the astonishing results,,, Steve found one (a real bell) I found one (a real navy) and just to prove that even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, Joe found one (well, a Utah anyway). So there, all you non believers, check that out, in only half a month, we each improved our scores by one whole anchor, let me do the math, hang on, as I get a calculator,,,, IF we can keep up this present level of success, and diving pressure (pardon that stupid pun)  (and its a BIG IF) at two anchors a month, each, no less, Steve and I only need another 7 months of icing to catch up to John and by then we will have gone way past Nates score, of a sorry 14 anchors. I can taste that victory already.(Nate if I could have my grouper blackened, that would be dandy!) We hate to leave Young Joe back in the silt, but with only one anchor, well Joe, this isn't going to be like, "no child (read diver) left behind". This is survival of the fittest Young Joe, sure your 20 years younger then me, and were aproaching mid season, but you could still finish a solid, 5th or 6th place, that's nothing to be ashamed of, I mean look at the field of contestants (read totally awesome divers) your running with. It reminds me what I learned from my othrodontist in being a kid with braces, you can move teeth a few different ways, with a hammer, with slow steady pressure, (that would be Team G) or dynamite. that first and third way work, but YIKES what a mess. OK gotta go, havent even started working on my acceptance speech.        TRINITY