Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving Sunday July 10th, Mankato area?
07-03-2011, 05:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2011, 02:51 AM by Rickybobby.)
Diving Sunday July 10th, Mankato area?
  Looks like I will have Sunday July 10th off, If anyone is interested I would like to try to dive somewhere locally, I heard Fish lake is good. If anyone is interested in diving Fish Lake or any other lake let me know! I am not opposed to traveling, just like to dive closer to home if I can.?

~Rick
07-06-2011, 10:22 PM,
Re: Diving Saturday July 9th, Mankato area?
I have dove Fish Lake several times.  This lake is not far from Elissian, a couple of miles northeast of Lake Frances.  Fish Lake is a spring fed lake, and water quality is good.  Only very small boats are allowed in this lake.  Unfortunately, the bottom composition consist mainly of muck and a dark silt.  Nevertherless, one third of a mile left of the boat ramp there is a zone with a gravelly and sandy bottom (20 - 25 deep) with decent visibility and interesting aquatic life.  Unfortunately, you will have to swim a considerable distance to find that area.
07-07-2011, 02:50 AM,
Re: Diving Saturday July 9th, Mankato area?
  Thanks for the info! I changed my plans for Saturday, but would be open for a dive or two Sunday evening.