Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
02-19-2013, 10:45 AM,
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
Does anybody have a transfill whip they could bring with? My stage is down to 1000 psi.  :o
02-19-2013, 11:35 AM,

Ya, I do Nate, shes yoke'd on both ends if that works for you, I'll have it with either way.
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
02-19-2013, 12:09 PM,
I just spoke to Chapmans Resort and I have some possible bad news. They are fairly concerned that we need to cut our holes away from the ice road so that the snow pressure doesn't flood their ice road. I told them that we would stay behind the snow berm with our holes enough that it shouldn't be a problem. They don't appear to have any ice houses in the 6 proposed dive sites per their web cam but they do have a few houses staged closser to shore. The news that kinda disturbed me is when I asked them if they knew about this 36' deep groove that runs through the middle of Isle Bay, and they did know about it. I asked them how much fishing pressure it gets and they told me it gets very little fishing pressure. They said they tried it a few times on the side bank but didn't get enough bites to make it very popular.
So even though it drops off fairly rapidly here, if it doesn't get much fishing pressure, there will be reduced treasure lost from those fishermen also. Chapmans could have been just telling me this to get us divers out of the ice road area, or maybe its the truth.

Depending on what you guys want to do, I could scrounge up some coordinates just West of Malone Island where Chapmans Resort tells me gets heavy fishermen traffic in the summertime. She said this area is in a saddle off the end of Malone Island just outside of the boulders that are sticking up above the surface. She says the rocks are larger there and even though the side slope is not as severe, the fishermen congeregate there in the summer. I will call the original coordinates "Plan A" and I will make up an additional 3-4 coordinates called "Plan B". :-\
02-19-2013, 01:11 PM,

Awesome! Thanks
02-19-2013, 05:15 PM,
sounds like the road at father Hennepin is not open. Depending on what the [glow=red,2,300]master dive plan[/glow] has in store for us, we will most likely be gaining access to the lake from Chapman's resort. It will cost $10 for a day pass. John and I are planning on being there by 8:30 AM
02-19-2013, 05:43 PM,
8:30 am. sure ill get me s..t together at 4am . see you then.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
02-20-2013, 12:14 PM,
So I worked up 6 new coordinates called "Plan B" that are very close to the original 6 locationsbut on the opposite side of the groove. Recent conversations with resorts in the area have revealed that the original 6 locations may not have as much fishing pressure as the newest 6 locations closer to the West end of Malone Island. These 6 new locations should be more of a target rich environment although the side slope will not be as steep. See the attached image with the 6 new locations marked with red triangles labled B1 through B6.
B1: Sloped from 13' to 22'deep. Center of 300' diameter area is at 15' deep. Northern most hole and it is at the "saddle".
B2: Sloped from 11' to 19'deep. Center of 300' diameter area is at 15' deep. Huge flat area at 12' deep.
B3: Sloped from 9' to 29'deep. Center of 300' diameter area is at 15' deep.
B4: Sloped from 7' to 27'deep. Center of 300' diameter area is at 15' deep.
B5: Sloped from 8' to 26'deep. Center of 300' diameter area is at 15' deep.
B6: Sloped from 8' to 29'deep. Center of 300' diameter area is at 15' deep.

Attached Files
.jpg   Plan B ice dive 2-23-2013.jpg (Size: 244.97 KB / Downloads: 5)
.jpg   Plan B ice dive 2-23-2013.jpg (Size: 244.97 KB / Downloads: 5)
02-20-2013, 02:53 PM,

I would imagine that team G will be diving "A" holes?  ;D Sorry, couldn't help myself.
PS Terry, Thanks for bringing the fill whip. I didn't catch the part about the Freddy cd and what you are cooking us for lunch. If you recall on our last dive outing Team honey badger served up some fine grilled grouper.  8)
make sure that they have lots of fresh zebra mussels on them  Wink :-X ???
02-20-2013, 04:30 PM,

The <<<<ONLY>>> way the G-men are diving, "A holes" is if were jumping the actual, honey badger dive team!  Tongue  You ph..kers do maker me laugh though! Wink

I'm thinking some salmon fillets sounds pretty good to me Nate, I'll bring them, and the grill!
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
02-20-2013, 08:55 PM,
Im planning on some Americanized Sushi. nothing special. but good for snaking on the go....stef
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;