Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
03-04-2013, 08:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2013, 08:18 PM by Hydro.)
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge

hey you guys know its now 2013? you might want to put the correct dates on your videos if you go thru the trouble of making them  ;D

it did turn out pretty cool tho..
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
03-04-2013, 09:08 PM,
Wow! Thanks Joe, good catch. I made the same mistake while typing the description of the video... but I edited that after it was published. I guess I should not get up at 2:00 AM to edit the freshly converted video anymore. I blame that mistake on being sleepy.
03-04-2013, 10:17 PM,
-John Calhoun
03-05-2013, 05:14 PM,
what was vis and other conditions on this lake? anything interesting?
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
03-05-2013, 05:52 PM,
The viz was about 30', maybe 35'. The ice was 22" thick with extremely clear ice on the bottom 20" and grainy ice on the top 2". No candling of the ice at all like we saw at Mille Lacs. There was about 8" of dense snow on the lake. No wind, bright sun. The only thing man made I saw on the bottom was an old cement block.
03-06-2013, 11:01 AM,
what was vis and other conditions on this lake? anything interesting?
[/quote]

The lake has great vis, even in the summertime. If you check the shipwreck challenge, you will find gps coordinates to a couple wrecks and some other interesting things to dive on. Its right next to the famous Green Lake. Couple good wrecks on there too. You can hit both in one day. Green has terrible vis in the summertime though. 15+ in the wintertime.  8)

We will be doing some inverted filming on spec in the next couple of weeks  ;D
03-06-2013, 06:06 PM,
                   Something I noticed, these first 3 icing challenges are coming up on 60,000 reads and over 1400 responses, certinly more then I ever thought they would. The questions I have are, first, who are all the people reading this stuff, and second, why does the icing group remain so consistant? From the get-go it was ( in order of responders),,,,, Myself, Jumpin John, Young Joe, Scuba Steve, Nasty Nate, To busy Tooolie, Wrenchen Robert, Dangerous Dave,  and eventually, Prosperous Popo, Arrested Art and Joken Jason. That's a total of 11 divers,,,,, why nobody else, even just to show up a time or two, Toolie's only got in a couple jumps, in 3 seasons, Jason only a few more then that. That leaves only 9 regular jumpers.
                   Where is all the fresh blood, makes me wonder??????      Trinity
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
03-06-2013, 06:29 PM,
I would have to say that they are not as hard core as we are.  ;D

Just a bunch of onlookers, or don't want to be involved, or can't because they are not certified, or don't care for cold water diving.  ???

In this great state, there is plenty of places to dive.  Ya, there might not be 100 foot of vis, but I, and many others can sure live with that.
03-06-2013, 06:38 PM,

everyone wants the fish, no one wants to be the fish....

-John Calhoun
03-07-2013, 08:11 AM,
oooh ok, you should be carefull what you wish for. tooling around Trinity. lest a hord of newbie ice divers suddenly come out. .. i do agree. i know a half dozen or so legitimate registered ice divers that all say they are going to come out for kicks at least once. yet none have shown up.  ... is scuba sticking steve in this weekend?
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;