Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
03-19-2013, 07:35 AM,
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
hey. not sure if this is recovery or glory of diving on new archeological artifact on tonka.

&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
03-19-2013, 08:55 PM,
hey, i Uploaded the waconia video i took...

"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
03-20-2013, 09:32 PM,

For the record, the last ice jump of the 1st challenge was on April 3, 2011 in between Wayzata Bay and Grays Bay on Tonka, and the last ice jump of the 2nd challenge was on March 10, 2012 off the south end of Wawataso Is.,, again on Tonka,,, that was a poor ice year where we never saw more the 15". (In 2010 it was March 27 diving from the boat launch on Lake Harriet) so with an average high of 42 degrees F. right now, anyway you crunch the numbers the season's coming to an end. Should be able to jump both Sat and Sun, with the stellar vis. we've got on Waconia, and we should still have 20-23" of clear.
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
03-20-2013, 09:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013, 09:49 PM by scubafreek864.)

I think that we will have a few more weeks yet.  Looking at the low temps, the ice will stay frozen for quite some time.  -1 deg. tonight, 6 deg. tomorrow night, 17 deg. Friday night, 21 deg. Saturday night.  We should be good for a while.  ;D

Can't wait to try my new light out.

03-21-2013, 07:17 AM,
she's calling me back. ive got to go back.if you guys are out sat, i will run out and hit the last hole.

wife's warned me that if i sneak out before my kids b-day party is over then i dont need to come home. ..hmm.

that light looks awsome. i might need one also.

Attached Files
.jpg   ski-sm.jpg (Size: 144.94 KB / Downloads: 57)
.jpg   ski-sm.jpg (Size: 144.94 KB / Downloads: 57)
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
03-22-2013, 04:34 PM,
Popo, whats with all the shame in that pic? I recognise you, even with part of your head chopped off, and looking away, and the other guys eyes are blocked off all together, hell even the huge fish's face is partially blocked off. That big fish wasn't something to be ashamed about, is it? Was it poached, darkhouse speared in season, snagged, or otherwise shamefully taken?    TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
03-22-2013, 05:31 PM,
to my recollection, of the few hundred muskies Ive released out of my boats, only one comes to mind that was out of season. it was the only time i had my father come out with me. i hooked up,battled, and released it with a DNR Boat sitting right next to me, i think on opener weekend. the problem with musky fishermen is that some are super paranoid about giving up there secret spots. especially the good ones. they go to extreme measures. sometimes only fishing these spots in weather so bad you couldn't even see in it. othertimes, fishing numerous "bad" spots to throw off other people trying to poach a spot. yet even still, it is quite common to sit shoulder to shoulder with several boats in one tiny spot, even though you have 10,000 acres that is basically void of anglers!

guys i have the story of stories to share. another that cant be posted for personal reasons. your not going to believe what happend to day!it was a story of 2 generations in the making and 65years! or so. i still cant believe who i randomly ran into.
03-22-2013, 06:40 PM,
Im in .... might be the last ice dive this season....
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
03-22-2013, 07:05 PM,
I got a big ride in the morning but I'll see about coming out for the evening.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
03-22-2013, 09:07 PM,
I'll be there too.  Late, but still there.  Could be a fine day for diving.