Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
03-25-2013, 11:45 AM,
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge

Hey Dangerous Dave! Good to hear from you! I've still got your mask, maybe this weekend we'll put together a "symbolic" Dangerous Dave out on the ice next to the hole while we jump, it will be kind of like having you there. Hey question,,,,about that Jonsarude chain saw with a 38" bar and 2.5 HP, you ever try cutting spanish moss down with it? Sounds like it would be just right, a nice long bar combined with a small lightweight little powerhead.  :-*
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
03-25-2013, 11:48 AM,
What an awesome weekend of diving, yet again.  I hate to see the day that our ice diving is done for the year.  Yes, it will come, but I don't really want it too.  Ice diving is great.  Then to have it under the ice at night is even better.

I think that we will be able to go out again next weekend.  See what the ice is becoming, and go from there.
03-25-2013, 01:38 PM,
im hoping that someone got video from under the lights. mine camera was offset so i didn't get much usable video.was awsome! i kinda wanted a sunday dive also, but was beat. my kids basically draged my back out to go fishing. finally got some fish!
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
03-28-2013, 02:26 PM,
oh,and for those keeping track of various statistics. i brought 16 underwater dive lights, all with rechargeable batteries, for a grand total of 46 batteries that took two days to get all charged! and i think 7 more regular non-waterproof lights and luminescent ropes. not sure i think that portion would have added another 13 or so batteries.

guys were is the video?
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
03-28-2013, 04:58 PM,
I never took any video.  I am anxiously waiting for  the video Joe took.

I am still hoping to get in on some diving this weekend, but as of right now, it is not looking so good.  Tongue
03-28-2013, 05:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-28-2013, 10:15 PM by Hydro.)
I got 2 of 3 videos done... uploaded one to youtube and the song was blocked in germany... a song with no lyrics wtf... ill get working on editing the night dive tonight
ok
ok...
Finally got the moJOE back and got some editing done, I combined some clips of terry cutting into the first part of the first one under snow drifts:

and the night dive, I managed to get where I wanted it... some things are hard to tell, the ice illuminates everything when I shine my light straight up, and some  direct  beams reflects back down, and the rope has lights on it... I seemed to not get any clips of sleeping fish but lots of anchor pulling from electro-magnet-hands Trinity

"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
03-29-2013, 08:49 AM,
I combined some clips of terry cutting into the first part of the first one under snow drifts:

I knew I was fast with my saw,,,,, and I thought that huge blade actually slowed me down, but after seeing the video, I'm going to put that monster blade back on!
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
03-29-2013, 11:57 AM,
That was some great video.  I will have to get my GoPro mounted, and make some of my own now..  ;D
03-29-2013, 04:01 PM,
just checked we got 24inches in the next spot for sat diving. see you guys.

also at time index 6min you can see were T-man got tank boot stuck on edge being pulled out.

ssss
03-31-2013, 10:49 AM,
Awsome dives again. im out of time as wife is hounding me to go. more pictures coming guys. some odd dive spots. this weekend was definitely not for everyone.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_6587-amazing-view-of-river-bottom.jpg (Size: 260.75 KB / Downloads: 51)
.jpg   IMG_6592-I-own-the-river.jpg (Size: 156.59 KB / Downloads: 48)
.jpg   IMG_6598-Never-Ever-Ice-dive-the-River.jpg (Size: 432.03 KB / Downloads: 46)
.jpg   IMG_6587-amazing-view-of-river-bottom.jpg (Size: 260.75 KB / Downloads: 51)
.jpg   IMG_6592-I-own-the-river.jpg (Size: 156.59 KB / Downloads: 48)
.jpg   IMG_6598-Never-Ever-Ice-dive-the-River.jpg (Size: 432.03 KB / Downloads: 46)