Remember me
Lost Password Register

Fun Easy DIY Project Camo Wetsuit
11-20-2013, 09:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013, 09:30 AM by popolarbear.)
Fun Easy DIY Project Camo Wetsuit
here is an easy project. used a good condition wetsuit and made a custom camo conversion.
needed "fabric Medium" kinda tough to find. wally world or fabric store. i started with one tiny bottle went back for two more. used cheep $0.75 acrylic paints. and a sponge. trick is to get enough in one spot that when it sucks into the fabric still some is left as pigment.

several layers of paint slowly built up on top of each other .and blended back and forth. i used a small kitchen sponge cut into a circle to dab. mic the fabric medium in as directed or slightly extra heavy.

after it the suit is dry i simply left on my black truck to bake in summer sun. it has been fairly stable. some slight pealing in afew spots. got several dozen trips out of this suit this summer. i have noticed some slight loss in paint, but not bad.

sorry files are once again not attaching.i will try something else

[URL=http://s476.photobucket.com/user/shimizunet/media/P7110054.jpg.html][/URL]
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
11-20-2013, 11:50 AM,
RE: Fun Easy DIY Project Camo Wetsuit

Nice. Looks like you have a back up fin. Wink
11-21-2013, 08:17 AM,
RE: Fun Easy DIY Project Camo Wetsuit
funny, didn't notice that till you mentioned it.
had guests with.I don't normally load everyones stuff for them.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;