Remember me
Lost Password Register

Trinity's 8th Annual Icing Challenge,,,,
11-16-2017, 07:39 PM,
Trinity's 8th Annual Icing Challenge,,,,
Ha, I'm jumping the gun, but after the garbage ice diving season last winter,  the 8th ice-diving season is going to hit us full force this year I recon. We've come up with a few possibilities for a challenge, but haven't decided if they are something we wanna do yet. I'll make some more cinemagraphs and hopefully find some anchors. Maybe Trinity will even be allowed back on the site.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
12-17-2017, 06:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-17-2017, 09:17 PM by Hydro.)
RE: Trinity's 8th Annual Icing Challenge,,,,
5-6 inches of ice on big marine dec 17, 2017 decent start of ice.
-John Calhoun
12-18-2017, 06:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-18-2017, 06:19 PM by Terry. Edit Reason: Spelling )

Joseph, can you believe it, I'm back online!!!! For years I felt like Scotty did today, from MN Scuba. Hey everyone this is Trinity, as a Gemini my evil twin is named Terry.  Yesterday we started Trinity's 8th Annual icing challenge, the challenge the last couple years for me, is just been able to get on Mn Scuba. But I'm back, and we're going to breathe some life into this site. So all you strokes like Popo, Arc flash, Nate John, Jason and Scotty
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
12-18-2017, 06:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-18-2017, 06:43 PM by Terry.)

Joseph, can you believe it, I'm back online!!!! For years I felt like Scotty did today, from MN Scuba. Hey everyone this is Trinity, as a Gemini my evil twin is named Terry.  Yesterday we started Trinity's 8th Annual icing challenge, the challenge the last couple years for me, is just been able to get on Mn Scuba. But I'm back, and we're going to breathe some life into this site. So all you strokes like Popo, Arc flash, Nate John, Jason and Scotty
[/quote]

You guys all get out of the way, cuz it's time for some real ice diving to start. I was just texting with my good friend Lisa Mongy, she's president of the scuba diving History Museum in Marathon Florida. A dandy cool spot to stop and see for everybody who carries to C card.
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
12-21-2017, 10:25 AM,
Well miracles usually don't come my way but strange that Terry and I were both able to get back onto this site! It took me 4 days of persistence but it finally worked-at least this time! So another year of Icing! Well I missed last weekend, probably no diving this weekend (unless Joe wants to get wet!) so, Cheers
12-30-2017, 12:40 PM,

Hey Guys,  Too cold this weekend, but I'd like to break the ice soon in the new year. If my boy doesn't wrestle next weekend, perhaps next Saturday???
01-07-2018, 09:57 PM,
Ice is actually getting thick. But folks super sketchy about it this year. Today had 20 inches hard clear on west side of metro and solid 12-14 most every were..spent an hour fighting a musky on 3lb test and finnaly lost it at hole.J2 was starting to complain his arm was cold from the dizzen attempts to grab her.touched it many times just too snug to get that sausage thru an 8 inch auger hole.we double drilled it.still not enough.broke at the knot. I consider it a successful adventure even so... welcome 2018 ice season has started.. popo
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
01-08-2018, 06:54 AM,

That is from this year
-John Calhoun
01-09-2018, 01:14 PM,
Looks like all the action is over on FB group, 'Minnesota Scuba Diving'. You want an ice challenge post it over there.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
01-16-2018, 09:52 AM,
Well, here I sit! January 16th and not an ice dive yet this year! Now our FEARLESS leader (Trinity) is out for a couple more weeks! Hopefully Joe, Pobo, me and the rest of the divers in our group can carry the torch until Trinity's return! Cheers

NOTE....I had a few good one-liners to say, but, Im probably the only one here with a Dry sense of Humor and it usually gets me into trouble because people take it seriously and not jokingly! Oh Well!