Remember me
Lost Password Register

anyone into underwater spearfishing?
08-13-2002, 11:41 AM,
anyone into underwater spearfishing?
I went spearfishing for the 1st time this spring for suckers in the Ottertail river and then went sprearfishing in June for carp in Big Cormorant. It's nothing at all like fishing with line and hook. Of course, it's only rough fish so you either have to smoke them or you're just doing the fishermen (and game fish) a favor by removing them. Spearing northerns or bass would be a whole lot easier then either carp or suckers, as you would know from scuba diving with those tame fish... although because there were so many suckers that wasn't too difficult.<br><br>Mind you.. I feel it a bit more sporting spearfishing while freediving then using the tanks... but that's me and my opinion.<br><br>Recently I purchased a book called Bluewater Hunting and Freediving by Terry Maas and my WIFE couldn't put it down. It's quite the read with fantastic pictures. The deep bluewater hunters have to deal with huge fish and huge sharks and all kinda other dangers. Crazy.<br><br>I'm looking forward to doing more in the future.<br>Fred<br>http://www.fredjohnson.50megs.com/carpio.jpg<br>
Cold and dark down there huh?

Messages In This Thread
anyone into underwater spearfishing? - by freedivernd - 08-13-2002, 11:41 AM
Re:anyone into underwater spearfishing? - by gp - 08-14-2002, 09:12 AM
Re:anyone into underwater spearfishing? - by gp - 08-14-2002, 11:22 AM