Remember me
Lost Password Register

Describe One of Your Favorite Dives
02-25-2006, 10:21 PM,
Describe One of Your Favorite Dives
Just thought I would post a dive I had recently in the  Upper Key's.    I rated it my 2nd best dive of all time.

In early Feb. 2006,  on a Sunday morning, I had the opportunity to dive the USS Spiegel again.  Truly a fun, and very interesting ship.  I dove from the front to the back, and penetrated the ship from 1/2 way in to the stern of the boat. 
BUT THE BEST DIVE OF THE DAY was the 4th dive on Sunday afternoon,   
Molasses Reef.  35 ' of water.      Sitting perfectly still in an area of approx.  25 feet by  25feet by 15 feet high.   
I KID YOU NOT....  225 BARRACUDDAS.      THE BIG ONES WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE  GROUP.  THE SMALLEST WHICH were still  2.5 feet long,  were on the outside edges of the group. 
They were sitting so still, as my dive buddy and I swam up to the pack,  appox. 10 feet from them,  I was able to count all of them while we were approaching them. 

We just had perfect bouyancy,    watched them for about 3 minutes from the 10foot mark and then we swam to the left of the pack. 

They were all facing the same way, and it was as I described my 2nd best dive of all time.      My first is the  SHARK DIVE out of Stewarts Cove, in the Bahamas last year. 

I would like to hear about some of your best dives. 

Messages In This Thread
Describe One of Your Favorite Dives - by MAXFACTOR - 02-25-2006, 10:21 PM
More pictures of Truk: Thanks Roger - by wtdrm - 03-20-2006, 02:43 AM
Re: Describe One of Your Favorite Dives - by wtdrm - 03-20-2006, 02:44 AM