Remember me
Lost Password Register

CCR Solo Diving
06-07-2006, 10:42 PM,
Re: CCR Solo Diving
I think a person needs to start looking at the benefits of diving with a buddy vs. solo.  If you are diving CCR and trained accordingly and so is your buddy. Then you should also both be versed in bailout and safety procedures to help out in an emergency situation.  I'm not sure what benefits other than solitude are achieved in Solo diving.  Maybe scheduling.  But the Risks seem to outweigh the benefits.

Regarding the pilot comparison,  I would think the correct comparison would be a two pilot such as a commercial airline where if one pilot had a problem, the other is there to safely deliver the package. While Pilots can fly solo, as in general avaiation, there is a certification for that as well.  So that seems to me to follow the OC certification. 

THe biggest concern I feel would be the boat operator, The increase in Liability because of Diving Solo without a certification. I can see the Lawyers now.

Lawyer   “SO ,  You knew he didn’t have a SOLO certification card for CCR Diving.”

Boat Owner,   “ Well,  They don’t have a certification for that yet, but they have one for OC”.

Lawyer,  “ But you let him Dive Solo Anyway”?

Boat Owner,   “ Well,  ah  Yea…”

Lawyer,  “ So if you had someone that wasn’t certified for Nitrox want to Dive with a mixed gas tank you had on board,  You’d let him?”

Boat Owner,  “  Well, no,”

Lawyer.   “ Why’s that?”

Boat Owner,  “Well, without proper training, he could end up diving at an incorrect depth and end up with Oxygen toxicity, which could be fatal.”

I'm not sure if you have been in any emergency situations,  Hopefully not. But I can yell you that I know someone is walking this earth because I dove with a buddy and all the training kicked in. SO I for one will never DIve without a buddy.

On a final note,  Without posts or conversation, good ideas can't be furthered and bad ideas can't be shot down. Wink

Messages In This Thread
CCR Solo Diving - by CCRDIVER - 05-31-2005, 10:17 AM
Re: CCR Solo Diving - by MAXFACTOR - 05-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Re: CCR Solo Diving - by john j - 06-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Re: CCR Solo Diving - by mrweekend - 06-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Re: CCR Solo Diving - by JoelW - 06-08-2006, 07:10 AM
Re: CCR Solo Diving - by ghosch - 05-31-2005, 10:29 AM
Re: CCR Solo Diving - by CCRDIVER - 05-31-2005, 10:49 AM
Re: CCR Solo Diving - by john j - 05-31-2005, 02:29 PM
Re: CCR Solo Diving - by CCRDIVER - 05-31-2005, 03:20 PM