Remember me
Lost Password Register

Bad Times Despite Great Dives at Crosby
08-06-2006, 05:19 PM,
Re: Bad Times Despite Great Dives at Crosby
I first visited the Crosby pits in 2002 and loved it because of the rustic/wild mentallity.  If you wanted to camp, pick any spot and camp.  Accessability to dive sites was based on your vehicles ability.  The do-what-you-feel aspect was part of its charm.  The last couple of years I just get an uneasy feeling everywhere.  There are all sorts of thugs hanging out back there (even a streaker) and every time I dive, I wonder if I will surface to find a broken car window or a raided camp site.  The locals there have no clue what an enterprise that area could be for their town.  It's a small enough town that the cops have to know who is trashing the place and it's obvious they just don't care.  If you saw trucks covered top to bottom in mud, the off road rules have apparently not stuck.  When I first heard the state/dnr was stepping in I was so against it.  Now it's probably the only way people can keep diving up there.  Their involvement can't come soon enough.
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson

Messages In This Thread
Re: Bad Times Despite Great Dives at Crosby - by wtdrm - 08-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Re: Bad Times Despite Great Dives at Crosby - by scubadog76 - 08-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Re: Bad Times Despite Great Dives at Crosby - by wtdrm - 08-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Re: Bad Times Despite Great Dives at Crosby - by wtdrm - 08-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Re: Bad Times Despite Great Dives at Crosby - by wtdrm - 08-07-2006, 03:25 PM