Remember me
Lost Password Register

update --- Dirty Jobs / Mike Rowe- filming episode w/Tri State Diving
03-27-2008, 02:15 PM,
Re: Dirty Jobs / Mike Rowe- filming episode w/Tri State Diving
I once was on a vehicle recovery job in South Dakota on the Missouri River.  We had to drive down the muddy banks of th river for miles, dive down and hook up new Chevy, drag bag to shore.  By then the muddy banks had melted to mud you could barely walk through. Took three tow trucks, the dive team on fourwheelers and the insurance agent! and truck owner approx. 36 hours start to finish.  Yes the agent came along and I assume was planning on covering the truck. Supposedly the owner had claimed low mileage thinking the digital dash would be junk.  As soon as the truck was on shore the agent grabbed one of the oil change slips in the door jam which told the real mileage.  Heated discussion soon followed! I think the cost of recovery exceeded vehicle value on that one.

Sorry to hi-jack.  Can't wait to see that episode. Mike Rowe is great. When I read Tri State Diving I cringed.  I thought you were talking about the commercial diving outfit in Black River Falls, Wisc. They are a Joke! Drunks with hard hats.
Advanced Trimix, Experimental Russian Rebreather/KISS, A&P Aircraft Mechanic, Private Pilot, All around cool guy, Certified Arborist

Messages In This Thread
Re: Dirty Jobs / Mike Rowe- filming episode w/Tri State Diving - by maizeperro - 03-27-2008, 02:15 PM