Remember me
Lost Password Register

update --- Dirty Jobs / Mike Rowe- filming episode w/Tri State Diving
05-28-2008, 02:03 PM,
Re: update --- Dirty Jobs / Mike Rowe- filming episode w/Tri State Diving
Thank you for the nice comment.  Thankfully it went off without any hitches.  It was rather nerve racking as we normally have only one diver down on the dive at any time on this type of salvage operation.  Here we had two of their camera man, operating out of one hole and Mike Rowe and one of our divers operating out of recovery hole.  With one line attached to the vehicle and each diver having a line I was concerned that we would have divers tangled up.  Everything went well considering that none of their crew had any experience in closed environment diving.  We spent the afternoon on the day before the dive going over procedures and laid out the whole dive plan.  Even at that I think Mike was very nervous about the dive.  By his previous shows we knew that he is an "air hog" so we made sure that he did not spend too much time on the bottom.  He came up with plenty of air and had a great appreciation for cold water diving.  I think that this has been the most stressful job we have done in our commercial and salvage work.  I was glad when it was over.  The crew at Tri-State Diving did an excellent job of making everything go so smooth as well as the Becker County Dive Team that backed up our crew.  Would be interested to hear any other comments on the show.

Messages In This Thread
Re: update --- Dirty Jobs / Mike Rowe- filming episode w/Tri State Diving - by Seal - 05-28-2008, 02:03 PM