Remember me
Lost Password Register

Why exceed the Sport Diving Limit?
09-27-2009, 06:12 PM,
Re: Why exceed the Sport Diving Limit?

Yes unfortunately mussels cover the wrecks, but they have done a fine job of filtering out the water to provide 100 foot visibility.  These wrecks have been there since the 1880's and although not timeless, they are not as fragile in my mind as the wrecks and artifacts of Truk Lagoon, Chuuk.  I have seen wrecks collaps in Chuuk due to the salt water destroying the integrity of the hulls and bulkheads. In one wreck I was penetrating way too deep inside and a wall collapsed and created a total brown out, and one year to next I saw the bridge of the Aikoko totally implode.  The wrecks are fragile and divers need to be sensitive, but what amazes me is the artifacts that are still remaining - yes some nifty things like muskets have been taken...and some plates which is very sad in both cases, but the artifacts are the time bombs waiting to dissapear. 

And a note about Adv. Ean and Deco...these wreck depths are to the bottom, in many cases the wreck sits 15 - 20 feet off the bottom and depths of some of the wrecks are Deco / Extended Range depth, although you can't beat helium for a good dive  Wink

Deep Thought
Start with training, continue with adventures.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why exceed the Sport Diving Limit? - by Deep Thought - 09-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Re: Why exceed the Sport Diving Limit? - by bluefins - 10-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Re: Why exceed the Sport Diving Limit? - by bluefins - 10-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Re: Why exceed the Sport Diving Limit? - by rcojr - 10-04-2009, 05:50 PM