Remember me
Lost Password Register

WHO ARE SOME OF THE DEEPEST DIVERS IN MIDWEST
11-17-2009, 10:03 PM,
Re: WHO ARE SOME OF THE DEEPEST DIVERS IN MIDWEST
I’ve done hundreds of dives below 200, and probably about a hundred dives in the 250 to 300 foot range.  That said, I’m done diving deep for the sake of diving deep.  It’s hard on the body; helium is expensive; deco is boring, and is the pit any prettier at 280 than it is at 150?  If there is something interesting down there; I’ll go, no doubt about it.  But to dive deep for the sake of diving deep is a bit silly.  The Kamloops for instance; great shipwreck; and if you want to explore it; you have to go down there; and do your deco time coming back up.  Eagle’s Nest Cave, however.  What a bore; It’s really not that pretty of a cave, and you spend most of your dive decompressing in a stagnant swamp.  I’d rather do Telford Cave (max depth about 70 feet), which is a much more interesting place, a very pretty cave, though a bit hard to get to these days with the locked gate (no fun scootering down a tannic river which for all I know may be full of alligators).  The most advanced dive I’ve done recently was Castle Rock Cave in Wisconsin.  It is so shallow, that on one dive, my bottom timer didn’t even turn on.  Far more advanced than any shipwreck, pit, or other cave I’ve dived.  I may sound like a hypocrite, but deep for the sake of deep is a bit silly.  - Kirk 

Messages In This Thread
Re: WHO ARE SOME OF THE DEEPEST DIVERS IN MIDWEST - by mermaid - 11-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Re: WHO ARE SOME OF THE DEEPEST DIVERS IN MIDWEST - by Kirk - 11-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Re: WHO ARE SOME OF THE DEEPEST DIVERS IN MIDWEST - by mermaid - 11-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Re: WHO ARE SOME OF THE DEEPEST DIVERS IN MIDWEST - by mermaid - 11-30-2009, 10:57 PM