Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear
03-04-2003, 11:51 AM,
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear
RESPONSE TO FMT:
In my opinion, that's a great summary you just posted. Many of the deaths are in the "unknown" category so drawing conclusions as to what happened is pure speculation and is not backed up by any data.

I personally was never trying to argue that CCR's have less risk than OC equipment. In some ways CCR's have higher risk and in some ways lower risk. There are certainly more ways to make bad mistakes on CCR's than on OC. Overall, I think CCR's have generally higher risk, but I feel that I can deal with that through training, constant practice, good maintenance and diligence. The benefits I have seen to my diving since switching to a CCR are truely huge and for me personally are worth some added risk, but this is a judgement that each person has to make for himself.

CCR's are not for everyone and there is absolutely nothing wrong with diving strictly on OC equipment. I have no disrespect for anyone that decides CCR's are not for them. All I ask is that you make your decision based on facts. I dove OC for 14 years and had some awesome dives and there are people still achieving some amazing dives with OC. I carry OC equipment with me on every CCR dive for bailout.
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.

Messages In This Thread
Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by DRE - 02-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by chrisw - 02-20-2003, 11:07 AM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by Groovekitty - 02-27-2003, 01:53 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by JNitrox - 02-28-2003, 01:57 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by JNitrox - 03-01-2003, 10:58 AM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by Groovekitty - 03-03-2003, 12:02 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by Groovekitty - 03-03-2003, 12:22 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by Groovekitty - 03-03-2003, 02:12 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by john j - 03-04-2003, 11:51 AM