Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 2nd Annual 2011-2012 Icing Challenge
01-23-2012, 01:48 PM,
Re: TRINITY'S 2nd Annual 2011-2012 Icing Challenge

Now about the 'strictly shack divers, warm gulf water team Isanti' comment... all I can say is "Strong like bull... smart like American tractor". As far as 'the cold wind could of huffed and puffed and blown their shack down' comment goes... We haven't had the wind blow so hard that our shelter was destroyed, since December 11th of 2010, when even the roof of the Metrodome couldn't take the abuse that mother nature was dishing out. As far as diving in the double digits below zero, we have done a few, but the most memorable was 1-24-2009 (the day I finished my Ice certification checkout dives). That morning we woke up at a cabin at Hunters Point on Mille Lacs  to -20F with a 15 MPH wind. We rolled 3 miles out to the recovery site at 9:00 AM and the temp had risen to -15F but the wind had increased to 25 MPH. It was too windy for a shelter so we kitted up in Nates trailer and dove/tended out in the fresh air. We recovered the wedding ring in 24' deep water. Good times ;D

[/quote]

That was a good weekend! I will take g.o.m. diving over ice 9 out of 10 times  ;D. We will get out one of these weekends to add points on the shipwreck challenge, maybe even add some shock & awe! :o  Glad team G is is getting in alot of diving  ???

Messages In This Thread
Re: TRINITY'S 2nd Annual 2011-2012 Icing Challenge - by Shooter - 01-23-2012, 01:48 PM