Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Conditions - D.L., Perham, Vergas Area
07-29-2003, 10:47 AM,
Re:Lake Conditions - D.L., Perham, Vergas Area
Weekend of 7/26th-28th,
I dove 4 lakes this weekend.. here's what I found.
Lake Six down to -27'. vis above 20' not bad but vis below that is suffering. Lot's of particulate. Lot's o' crappie to swim with though around the platform and that's always a hoot.
Lake Seven down to -31'. not a whole lot different than lake SIx.. but lot's of fish of the walleye brand to swim with. Maybe not too bad of vis at the bottom..maybe 6'.
B.Cormorant down to -20'. is improving but still poor.. 6 -8 feet of vis from surface, less at depth.
Turtle Lake by Cormorant..down to just short of -50'. I was expecting fantastic vis as DNR rates this lake to almost 20' w/secchi. It was v.clear in the first 10' then suffered terribly. getting dark at -25' and I could only see about 3' of my 1/2" white rope at -50. Totally dark. I thought I'd see what the bottom of this lake looks like at -65' but it was so miserable at -50' I turned around. The girls enjoyed a snorkel with the very clear water and all the weeds and fish in the <10' range. How can a lake be so clear in the shallows and so dark in the deep?
W.McDonald heard from my brother that it was poor at -20'.... but what does he know Wink

Next weekend plan is for Little McD and Paul.. maybe W.McD too.
pic is of son-in-law in boat on L.Seven

Fred

Attached Files
.jpg   krobinboat.JPG (Size: 72.85 KB / Downloads: 53)
.jpg_thumb   krobinboat.JPG_thumb (Size: 30.18 KB / Downloads: 0)
Cold and dark down there huh?

Messages In This Thread
Re:Lake Conditions - D.L., Perham, Vergas Area - by freedivernd - 07-29-2003, 10:47 AM
Re:Lake Conditions - D.L., Perham, Vergas Area - by chrisw - 04-09-2003, 12:31 PM