Remember me
Lost Password Register

Best Overall Drysuit-various dive environments
04-21-2004, 03:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2004, 03:28 PM by LKunze.)
Re:Best Overall Drysuit-various dive environments
Good point. If you think you might want to have some nice thick warm undergarments make sure you get a suit big enough to fit them underneath without being too tight and restricting movement. I've heard of a couple people that went and got their so called custom "cave cut" fit like a glove drysuits. They fit fine for say a polarfleece 200 or 300 undergarment but when they decided they wanted some thick 400G Thinsulate undies they found out the hard way that they shouldn't have gotten their suit so snug fitting. They ended up unloading the undergarments at a loss.
I dove last year in a 300G polar fleece garment with an additional 100G layer under that. I could have gotten by with a size smaller drysuit with that setup but now I have the DUI 400G thinsulate and it is way thicker than the polar fleece layering was. I'm real glad I went with the bigger size drysuit so that I can use the warmer undergarments for the cold stuff. When summer rolls around I can go back to my lighter undergarments for shallower dives.

Messages In This Thread
Re:Best Overall Drysuit-various dive environments - by gp - 04-21-2004, 03:25 PM